Home

Beca's POV

Chloe raises her eyebrow and waits for me to continue. I think of my next words carefully. "You were marked... by a god. This means you're now connected to a god, not just a lycan." I explain. Her eyebrows furrow as she waits for me to explain better. "A mark from a god is a sign of protection, because having a god's affection use to make you a target." I tell her. Chloe continues to stare at me confused. "How does that affect me?" She asks. "It means you have access to some of my powers. For your protection. Its not really as needed now, but I can teach you to use the powers." I tell her.

"What kind of powers?" Chloe asks as she lays her head on my chest. "Well your basically a supernatural shield. Abilities from other supernaturals won't work or are dull." I explain. She slowly nods.  "Also, look at your hand." I say to her. She raises her eyebrow but complies. "Now feel a shift, but focus on your hand." I instruct her. She glances at me for a second before she focuses on her hand. Sure enough claws start to form and her hand transforms into a paw.  She gasps and loses focus, her hand goes back to normal. "How??" She says as she flips her hand confused.

"Another perk." I say with a smirk. "You have full control of your shifts right now, and with the shield you don't feel the pain of it." I tell her. She nods clearly overwhelmed with all the new information. "I'm sorry my love. I know thats a lot to take in." I say. She shrugs and chuckles. "You'd think I'd be use to the unexpected by now but here I am always surprised." She says. I chuckle and nod in agreement. Chloe always handles it like a champ though. It continues to amaze me how good she is with the weird. I mean, she was a mortal once, and she's adjusted to my extraordinarily life fairly easily... just wait until she finds out about... no I don't want to stress her and tell her yet.

"Let me get you something to eat." I say getting up and throwing on some underwear. I sensed the slight smell of hunger on her, even if she doesn't realize it herself. "Ohhh good idea." Chloe says with a big smile. I chuckle and make my way out the door to the kitchen. I groan when I smell the faint scent of construction workers. I'm still hesitant to live separate from Stacie and Emily. I know we will be next door but it still seems so far. I shake my head of the thoughts and focus on getting food for my mate. I'm glad we stocked up before the omegas went into heat. I decide to make her a fruit salad and head back into our room.

"Ooo! I was craving fruit!" Chloe says with a massive smile as she takes the bowl from my hand. I make myself comfortable next to her while she digs in. We watch some tv and snuggle until Chloe's heat kicks in again and we engage in another round of sex. "Do you feel different?" Chloe asks me as we snuggle in bed in our post sex bliss. I hesitate at the question, I should've know this would cone up sooner or later, and Chloe isn't one to hold back her questions.

"At times yes. I feel... like I'm here just for a job. That I have these crazy new powers and a duty. But then when I'm with you and the kids... its easy to ignore, but the nagging is always there." I tell her. She nods in understanding. "But I also feel like I found my place. I always felt so lost my whole life but for the first time I don't. I know who I am and what I have to do." I tell her. She nods again and waits to continue. I can't think of any other ways to describe it and Chloe seems to understand as she munches on more fruit.

I bite my lip and debate telling her the prophecy but I decide against it. Nows not the time and I don't want to stress her out about it so early. I need to start preparing things though to be ready... I'm sure I can find a way to do both. At least I hope...

______________________________

We spend the next two days in bed, reconnecting with each other both physically and mentally. Its been so long since we had time to just be us and really talk again. It wasn't easy at first for me to talk about what happened while I was gone but Chloe is the only person I'm comfortable telling. The way she holds me and rubs my head while I talk make it easy to share the worst torture of my entire life. I know its a lot for her to take in and I can see the sympathy in her eyes while I tell her.