Drunk

"The baby. The heart started beating." Stacie says with a bright smile. Beca reaches me and stares at my stomach. "Wow, being saved by the baby. I didn't see this ending." Stella whispers as she munches more popcorn. Beca lightly places her hand over mine. She stares at me with so much adoration it makes my heart swell, a very drastic change from her about to kill her daughters one minute ago.

She leans in and plants a gentle kiss on my lips. She then steps back and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. "Okay. I'm going to cool off. I need to think about how to respond to this before I do something I will regret." Beca says opening her eyes again. Anna and Emily nod and look down.

"I'm going too. I think Beca and I need to talk this one out." Stacie says after a second. Stacie runs to grab something from inside before they take off running down the road. I turn to grab my bags but Anna beats me too it. "I got it Chloe." She says with a slight smile. "Thanks Anna." I smile back. "Let me show you around!" Emily says excitably, they seem more at ease without Beca and Stacie.

"So the first floor is the living room, kitchen, and two bedrooms." Emily explains as we enter. The house is beautiful with a very open concept. The back wall is almost all glass so you can see the beach from the living room and kitchen. "Its beautiful." I say admiring the place, stunned I could call it home. Emily leads me upstairs next. There are four bedrooms and two bathrooms. I'm confused when she doesn't show me my bedroom.

"Come one, we have two more rooms." She says as Stella, Anna, and Aubrey join us. The girls exchange mischievous glances as we head back downstairs. "So this is your room." Aubrey says with a smile as she opens the door. Its so perfect. Curtains on the side hide another glass wall with a perfect view of the ocean. One massive bed sits in the center and a few dressers. "We didn't decorate much. We figured you guys would want to decorate it together." Aubrey says. I nod and smile. "And then we have another surprise." Stella says with a mischievous smile. They lead me to a room next door. My jaw drops seeing a beautiful nursery. A dark brown crib is in the corner with a rocking chair next to it. There is a matching changing table, a love seat, and the wolf Beca won for me. "You guys... I can't believe you did this." I whisper as I run my hand over the crib.

"We wanted to do something to welcome you guys back." Emily says with a huge smile. I nod and give them each a hug. "Thanks guys. I appreciate it." I say as I continue to admire the room. I was happy it was next door to mine, that would make things a lot easier when the baby cries during the early hours of the morning. The whole house was beautiful. I can't wait to raise our baby here.

They give me some space as I start to unpack. This closet is massive! I look around already thinking of what I want to add. We will probably be staying at this house for a while so I can make it however I want. I stumble across Baxter's phone in my bag. I miss him and Grandma. I decide to call them, its been too long... and I should mention the baby...

"Chloe!" Baxter yells after two rings. "Hey Bax, I missed you." I say back as I lay on the bed. "Missed ya too sis. Aubrey said you were doing some lycan bonding thing? She didn't give much details." He says suspiciously. "Yeah, we had to be alone for a month. Is grandma with you? I have something to tell you both." I hesitantly say. I need to just rip off the band-aid. "Yeah? She's in the other room let me grab her." I nod even though he can't see me and rub my stomach, focusing on the baby's strong heartbeat.

"Chloe! I miss you sweetie!" My grandma yells into the phone. I chuckle and swallow my nerves. "Am I on speaker?" I ask, I want to tell them together. "Yeah Chlo, I can hear you!" Baxter says. I take a deep breath. "So um... okay." I start out. I don't know why I'm so nervous. "Chloe you're worrying me." Grandma says hesitantly. "Sorry. So um I'm pregnant." I spit out. Its quiet for a few seconds.