Chapter Sixty Six

The previous day had not gone well at all. After faking Scott's death in order to draw out the Benefactor, Liam and Kira were almost murdered by the Barbarians, and we still have pretty much no insight as to who the Benefactor is. The one thing Scott did come up with though, is that it must be a banshee. Who knows someone is dead without actually having to see it? The only thing is, Lydia is our only known banshee. Meredith had killed herself a couple weeks prior, and the only other known banshee was either long dead or absolutely ancient; Lydia's Grandmother.

Stiles, Lydia and I stood in the Sheriff's office. I glanced out and saw a guy covered in a light sweat. I gazed at him for a moment, and noticed how nervous he was. He was typing something into his computer. His eyes glanced up and met mine. He looked away quickly, and Stiles pulled me into the office.

"It's not just that she could still be alive—," Stiles began. Lydia stared down the Sheriff.

"It's that she would've had to fake her death," Lydia finished. My eyes flickered back out of the office.

"Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" Mr. Stilinski asked.

"Definitely," Stiles answered for her. I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe," I countered. Stiles shook his head.

"More than likely, yes."

"Oh, I'm guessing you have a story to back this up... Hang on a second," the Sheriff said. He opened the door looking out at the nervous deputy. "Haigh— You seen Parrish?" He asked. The man shook his head, and Mr. Stilinski walked back in. I caught his shoulder.

"Who— Who is that?" I asked hesitantly. Mr. Stilinski stared at me.

"That's a Deputy. Haigh," he answered. Stiles looked at me for a moment.

"What is it, Y/n?" Stiles asked, pulling my attention away from the guy. I shook my head.

"He's just really nervous about something. Is Parrish supposed to be on duty tonight?" I asked quickly. I looked back for a moment to see Haigh standing, staring into the office. I narrowed my eyes with suspicion, and I opened the door, stepping out. Before I could say anything to the deputy, he looked down the hallway towards the door.

"Holy—," Haigh began, but was cut off by a crisped Parrish punching him directly in the face. Haigh drew his gun, and several shots rang out sporadically. I pushed Mr. Stilinski back in the door.

"Hey! HEY!" He shouted.

"You're supposed to be dead!" Haigh yelled, and Parrish threw him to the ground. Stiles called out my name, as I slid to the gun Haigh was reaching for. It was aimed directly at Mr. Stilinski. I stepped on Haigh's wrist, kicking the gun out of his hand. It slid away, a single shot ringing out. I flinched, and I looked over my shoulder and saw a bullet hole in the wall right past my head. I blinked at it, as Parrish beat the crap out of Haigh. Finally, he looked up at me, his face covered in soot. I grabbed a jacket off of one of the deputy's chairs, tossing it to him.

"Rough day in the office, huh?" I asked, as Stiles ran to my side. I looked back at Lydia and Mr. Stilinski. "You guys alright?" They nodded at me, still shocked at the encounter. Parrish put the jacket on and I looked down for a moment, before looking back to Stiles, my face heating up. "Can someone get him some pants?"

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked in disbelief. We stood in his loft, inspecting Parrish. Stiles was constantly checking over me, making sure I was okay. His dad had thanked me profusely, which was unnecessary. I yolo'd a gun out of some crazy guy's hand. They would've tried to do the same for me. Scott looked at me with a questioning glance, and I shrugged.