Chapter Sixty One

"Alright, remember. This isn't permanent. We'll get you in control of yourself in no time," I said optimistically. Malia looked at me with uncertainty.

"Don't lie to me, Y/n. I can tell, and you know that," she said. I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not lying," I said. She looked at me for a moment.

"Why's your heart racing like that?" She asked. I saw Stiles approaching us from down the hallway. My eyes flickered back to her's. "You aren't sleeping. It's either you're lying, or you're not sleeping," Malia deduced. I shrugged.

"I sleep just fine," I muttered. She narrowed her eyebrows.

"That was a lie—"

"Thank you, Malia! For reminding me! But we have to get to class!" I said quickly, pulling her down the hallway, racing away from Stiles.

"I'm not sharing my basement," Malia stated. Lydia glared at her.

"Actually, it's my basement, and my mom noticed how you tore it up last time," Lydia snapped. I put my hand on Lydia's shoulder.

"She's still learning," I defend Malia, giving her a small smile. She purses her lips, but allows Scott to continue. Stiles patted her back. I looked at him suspiciously, as he stared me right in the eyes.

"But we're going to use the boathouse for Liam. It's got support beam... We can chain him to one of them," Scott planned. Kira looked at us.

"But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us?" Kira asked.

"I say, if it keeps him from murdering someone, we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake," Stiles offered. Malia nodded with a grin.

"I'm in!" She cheered. I glared at the two.

"We're not killing or kidnapping him!" Scott and I say simultaneously. Malia looked at the two of us with a frown.

"Weird," she muttered. Stiles nodded in agreement, grinning at Malia, and Lydia rolled her eyes. I looked at Stiles with a pointed stare. He was purposely doing this.

"Then let's be smarter. We tell him there's a party and invite him," Lydia said.

"So, you're going to ask out a freshman?" Stiles asked.

"No— I'm done with teenage boys," Lydia said. I smiled mischievously.

"He trusts me. I'll do it," I offer. Everyone's eyes land on me. Stiles raised his eyebrows.

"You? Ask him out? You don't think he would be a little confused?" Stiles asked, shaking his head at me with a sarcastic smile. I gave him a dumb look, putting my hand on my chin.

"He didn't care yesterday, did he?" I shot back. Scott looked between the two of us, before putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Or— Kira could? You know— Let the trick get played by the trickster? Come on, Kira! Be a vixen!" Lydia said, looking at me like I was nuts. Kira nodded, looking at me with wide eyes.

"I can— I can totally do this. I can? Right?" she said, uncertainty grappling her emotions. I sighed, patting her shoulders.

"I'll give you a hand," I mutter, and we quickly walked away. I heard Stiles shout something after us, and then I heard Malia.

"What did you do?" Malia asked. I didn't turn around as I paced away.

"I just talked to Kira. She's on her way. She said it's all going fine," Scott said, holding his phone in his hand. Stiles kicked at the ground.