Chapter 35 - Lost Luxury

Comenzar desde el principio

The Shifter hissed, his blue eyes flashing just a little bit brighter.

"Stop deflecting. I can smell it on you. There is something wrong with your body! And your story makes no sense! It could be some kind of pest in your hair or veins or....a drug that you took. Just let me smell your pulse." He said reaching for Brandon's newly gloved right hand, but it was Brandon's turn to jerk away from him.

"No...why?" Brandon bit off tightening his fists so that the leather on his hands squeaked. Just the idea of being touched again so soon and by anyone else except Glen....made his skin literally crawl.

The Shifter leaned forward. "I just want to prove that there is nothing nasty in your veins. My brother checked you out a little while ago and didn't smell anything. But I do. And I keep smelling it. It's...."

Brandon watched the Shifter, take another in hail of his scent before frowning and wiping at his nose as if something were irritating him. "Well I can't describe it. I don't know what I'm smelling, but I'll be able to understand it now that you're stitched up and after that shower my mother gave you. You scent is cleaner...no old blood."

"I don't understand." Brandon said to him honestly intrigued, even though he would never show it. "You live in a Shifter Clan and I guessing from you people's reaction to me...I'm the first mortal to come this way in a while. So what could you possibly know about mortal drugs or how detox even works?"

"Wow." Ezekiel rumbled at him, smiling slightly. That charming smile hitting Brandon everywhere he didn't want to be hit. "That's like the longest, non-ambiguous, sentence you've managed to speak so far. I'm surprised. No, I'm amazed."

"Whatever. It was just a question...." Brandon sighed looking away.

"Okay, okay don't pout." Ezekiel tried to sooth him. "Look....drugs aren't just used by mortals okay? There are a few unfortunate Shifters in our Clan that have gotten into mortal narcotics and my mother has had them here while she attempted to remove the drugs from their systems. Does that answer your question? "

"Yes." Brandon nodded his head.

"Okay. " Ezekiel nodded back at him. "Now can you give me your wrist?"

"No. Keep your nose to yourself. " Brandon said sneering at the blue eyed beast. "I'm not on drugs and I don't want you touching me anymore."

"No one who's on drugs actually admits it." Ezekiel said calmly brushing off his denial. "Weather mortal or Shifter they will lie about it. So I want to check you myself. And I'm gonna have to touch you....." Ezekiel said, then asked him as he put up his hand. "I know that you hate it, but I need to."

Brandon sighed and nodded again. "Fine...but this counts as your last goddamn question." He bit off and Ezekiel shrugged.

"Okay...." Ezekiel agreed still holding out his hand.

"Just do it fast."

Ezekiel put a hand on his wrists and it wrapped around the leather tightly and pushed his arms against his chest. Shackling them against Brandon's sternum with nothing but his grip that was like iron. Brandon realized that he didn't trust him not to attack him. As the Shifter leaned over his chest. His weight pressing on the arm that he had on top of Brandon's chest making Brandon squirm in discomfort....because deep inside the Shifters proximity was far too nice. Little flutters of awareness kissed his skin at every point where they came into contact, innocent brushes that highlighted tingles across his nerves.

Ezekiel snarled as Brandon pushed against him, making Brandon think of a beast leaning over his kill. Which of course made it harder for Brandon to sit still. Ezekiel tightened his hold and put a hand on his chin making Brandon freeze as he held his face still. "Hey calm down. Don't move so much or this will take longer then we both want it too."