iii. no shit sherlock

[TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of suicide and self harm, this chapter discusses the character that attacked simon (ruby lane) and mentions how she did it and what she did to herself afterwards, i will put a ⚠️ where the talking about it starts and i'll put a ⚠️ where it ends.]

"it doesn't make sense, it's not possible. the bullets didn't stop her."

"amazing observation."

"yeah, no shit sherlock." veronica added sarcastically, sam might've been her best friend, but she was extremely stupid.

"who the hell was that?" deena asked walking back in the room, she'd disappeared for a minute walking around the house trying to make sure all the doors were locked.

simon who was slamming the curtains closed and triple checking to make sure the door was locked turned around, "she- just- i- how the hell should i know? she was hot! i don't know! the bitch seemed normal!"

"well now you know not to flirt with bitches that are sitting on the sidewalk singing creepily, the more you know with simon, i guess!" veronica added sarcastically.

"yeah and i hate to break it to you but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood!" deena argued.

"well she was hot and normal until she attacked me with a fucking razor blade!"

razor blade. veronica had heard of something similar happening before. apparently josh had too, "wait, what... a razor?" he asked.

⚠️
"yeah, for like old-timey shaving, or in this case, i guess, slitting-"

"wrists. she slashed her wrists." veronica mumbled looking over to josh.
⚠️

"was she singing something? like an old song?" josh asked.

"yeah she was singing you always hurt the one you love." veronica confirmed.

"how the fuck do you know that?" simon asked at the same time.

down in the basement josh had ripped something off of the wall filled with missing posters and news articles, the other five had sat down at the couch.

"this is ruby lane."

⚠️
"i read about her." veronica mumbled, "she killed her boyfriend and sang that song while she did it."

"yeah and her friends. then she killed herself. she slashed her wrists."
⚠️

"jesus. why didn't i see this on the news?" kate asked.

"because it happened thirty years ago, 1965." josh confirmed.

he jumped back up and went and ripped some more pages off the wall, "ruby is one of shadyside's killers. just like skull mask. i mean, ryan torres. look, 1978. sixteen years ago. masked psycho murders kids at"

"camp nightwing." kate finished the sentence. "yeah my mom's sister was there, that screwed my family up for a long time."

"my uncle was there." veronica added, "he said it was the worst experience of his life." she mumbled.

he continued on, "1950, harry rooker, local milkman slashes a bunch of housewives. 1935, humpty dumpty killer. 1922, billy barker. 1904, grifter guts girls, and on and on. it happens in shadyside over and over. normal people turn into psychos."

"jesus." simon whispered, picking up a piece of paper, "look at this guy."

"that's the pastor, cyrus miller. 1666 he was the first one recorded. he, um.. killed kids and cut out their eyes."

sam got up and walked out, deena got up and followed her out. the other four still in the basement discussing the murders that had happened so many times before.

"none of this is random." josh explained, "it's sarah fier, she's turning shadysiders into killers."

"do you really believe that?" kate asked. "i mean, no one actually thinks this witch shit is real."

"yeah, it's something babysitters make up to scare kids."

"i think it's real." veronica mumbled, placing her head into her hands.

"just listen to me," josh started, "1666, sarah fier was hanged for witchcraft, fact. but ever since she was executed, she's been possessing people, turning them into killers to take revenge on the town."

"it's like the nursery rhyme." simon nodded.

"yeah. yeah."

"before the witch's final breath, she found a way to cheat her death. by cutting off her cursed hand, she kept her grip upon our land. she reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her wicked slaves." simon mumbled.

"yes. exactly." josh confirmed. "don't you see what's happening to us? this is all proof. shadyside isn't just some hotbed for psychos. all these massacres are connected to sarah fier. the witch's curse is real!"

"okay, fine. let's assume the witch has been possessing people for some sort of messed up vendetta. this isn't the same as the mall massacre. something different is happening to us. something way worse. okay, we have two of her killers after us and both of them are dead. why is she so mad at us?"

"i saw her." sam said, announcing her presence again, causing veronica to jump. "last night, i don't... i don't know, you know. i thought i hit my head. it was, it was her."

"the hanging, i saw it too, everything went red and i looked up and saw her." veronica added, she wasn't going to mention it before, thinking it was just some messed up thing her head was doing trying to scare her from closing her eyes, maybe she'd lost to much blood.

"i saw the witch." sam confirmed. veronica nodding to confirm she did as well.

a note from LT!
hey :) this chapter
is a little shorter
but i'm trying to
make sure i can
make at least 10
chapters so that
there will be 30 in
all , here's the
playlist for the book
if anyone wanted it:)
be sure to vote and
comment.

a note from LT! hey :) this chapter is a little shorter but i'm trying to make sure i can make at least 10 chapters so that there will be 30 inall , here's the playlist for the book if anyone wanted it:)be sure to vote andcomment

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.