Nine

9. Simba

Shawn wasn't bad, but I'll never admit that to him. He was still a flirt, but I knew he didn't mean anything by it. He was fun, and actually made me laugh.

Ugh, he's growing on me.

His friends, Jacob and Liam, were fun as well. I'm pretty sure Liam was what you would find at the end of a rainbow instead of a pot of gold. He was just so happy and so adorable.

The bell for the end of the period snapped me out of my thoughts. History was over, and now it was time for lunch.

"A little spaced out there weren't you Princess?"

"Why were you watching me?" I asked, picking up my books. "You're supposed to pay attention in class you know."

Shawn chuckled. "Isn't that one of my many challenges?"

I rolled my eyes. "I've got to get to lunch."

"Isn't that where we're all heading?" he smirked, before grabbing my backpack before I even had a chance to object or take it back.

"Are those the perks of being a tutor?" Shayley teased as he walked out of the class. "Because I would totally pretend to be smart if that means I get a guy to carry my stuff."

I nudged her. "I guess he's just trying to be nice to me. We said we'd try to get along."

"Mhm," she said, before leaving for the cafeteria herself.

I walked with Austin and Jessica over there and took a seat at our bigger lunch table where Shawn had placed my stuff opposite him.

"Thanks," I mumbled, making him smirk and shake his head.

"Boyfriend at three o'clock Khalan," Jessica sang, taking a seat beside me.

I was confused until I turned to my right and saw Kyle approaching us...or well, me.

"Hey," Kyle said. "Khalan can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Nope, nah uh," Austin objected. "Whatever you want to say you can say in front of me buddy."

"Austin," I warned.

Kyle chuckled and shook his head at his teammate and friend. "Alright, I was thinking we have the date I owe you tomorrow afternoon."

I was about to agree, but sighed instead. "No, I can't. I have to tutor Shawn tomorrow I'm sorry."

Shawn just gave one of his bad boy smiles and nodded at Kyle. "And I need a lot of help pretty boy."

"How does Friday sound?" I asked, ignoring his comment.

"Okay, let's do it then," Kyle agreed. "Friday night."

I smiled. "Do you um...want to sit for lunch?"

"Can't," he answered. "I've got stuff to do, but I'll call you later."

"Okay," I said. "See you."

Kyle nodded gave one more look to Shawn. "Later," he said.