Five

5. Just In Case You Want To Kidnap Me

Thursday's tutoring session with Shawn wasn't much different. He barely paid any attention to anything I said and frankly it was starting to get on my nerves.

"I don't think I can take any more of this," I said, putting my head on Shayley's shoulder.

It was another Monday, meaning I had another lesson with Shawn today.

"You're tutoring an amazingly hot guy Khalan, I don't see how that could be so bad," she remarked, swinging her arm around me.

I pulled away and chuckled. Typical Shayley.

"He's...something," I said picking at my food.

Austin sighed. "You'll get the hang of it."

"He's right you know. You can't just give up," Jess added. Austin smiled at her but she just focused on her phone.

I let out a sigh myself. "I really hope so."

And I did. The bell rang signaling that lunch was over.

Jessica sprung up from her seat and gathered her things.

"You okay there Jess?" Shayley chuckled. "I know you're not in a hurry to get to your Geography class."

"I um...just have to get something done before class," she answered.

"Can I help?" Austin asked.

"I'm good," she said a little too dismissively. "I'll see you guys later."

Without wasting another second, she left the table.

I arched an eyebrow. "What was that about?"

Austin shrugged, and then left as well.

I turned to Shayley. "Okay, what was that about?"

"Don't ask me," she chuckled. "I'm as clueless as you are. I'll see you later, if I'm late to English one more time Mr. Adams will give me detention for a week. Good luck with Shawn by the way."

She gathered her stuff and left as well, and so I was left by myself at the table. Sighing, I followed suit and got rid of my trash, before going to my locker to get some books.

I walked into the hallway and fell in step with none other than Kyle, mentally cursing myself for not being able to do or say anything but smile sheepishly.

"Oh hey Khalan," he smiled.

"Hi," I simply replied.

Say something you idiot.

"Which class are you headed to?" he asked me.

"Uh...Computer Science," I replied.

"With Mrs. Burke?"

I nodded. "Mhm."

"I'll walk you," he offered.

"Don't you have to get to class?" I chuckled.

He shrugged. "My class is only a couple of rooms down. Besides, it'll give me the opportunity to ask you something."

I was nervous now. "Ask me something? Like what?"

"Well I was wondering-"

He didn't get to finish his question because we were interrupted by one of his teammates.

"Dude, Coach wants to see us now. Hey Khalan."

"Hey Davis," I responded. Most of the guys on the team knew me because of Austin.