▪︎YOU'RE REALLY JOKING

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I don't know why you ran ahead of me...We could have run at the same speed and you'd have stayed dry," Fundy joked.

Once again being very considerate, he offered for you to make yourself at home and stay in his shop until the rain let up. You almost declined his offer, but you realized he would probably just insist you stay either way, so you didn't bother arguing.

Now taking the time to look around the shop, you took notice of clean workbenches covered with various tools, metal scraps, polishes, and cleaning cloths. The shop had a couple of cars hoisted up so that you could work on the underneath of them with those rolling tray things that mechanics use.

"So you're a mechanic?" You asked Fundy. He nodded and put down the cloth he was using to clean a car exhaust.

"Yup! I've owned this shop for a few years now. It's pretty popular," he explained, walking around to lean under a sleek black car and fix the exhaust pipe back in place.

"Fundy, you're back!" You heard a voice spoke and your head turned to the source of it.

It was the same woman who you accidentally bumped into earlier in the day. Her hair was dyed blonde and it was tied into two space buns.

"Oh, hello. I didn't think we'd have a guest here." She said, eyes averting to you as she smiled warmly. Her smile sent your heart to flutter.

"W-we've met before actually..." You said, stuttering at the start of your words.

You then remembered the silver ring which she dropped and took it out from the pocket of your coat.

"You dropped this when you were rushing through." You explained, handing the ring over to her.

"Oh, so that's where it went!" She said, "Wait, were you the girl from earlier?" She asked, recalling your previous accidental encounter with her to which you nodded.

"Ah, I see... Sorry for bumping into you earlier then... I was trying to get our ordered shafts but accidentally took someone else's so I had to run." She apologized.

"It's understandable." You replied.

"You trynna put a ring on her finger?" Fundy joked, inviting himself into the conversation.

"Hah, you wished. She probably has her eyes onto someone else already anyway." The dyed blonde said, looking onto the coat you wore while taking the ring away from your hand.

"I'm Nihachu by the way." She said, pulling out another ring identical to the one you had returned and putting both rings through her finger on each hand. "But a lot of people know me by Niki." She continued, lightly tapping both her clenched fist and a hologram appeared, circling around both her wrists.

'Holy fuck... that looks like a power activation shit...' You said, gazing in amazement.

"I'm (Y/N)..." You introduced yourself and she proceeded to flash you a grin.

"It's nice to meet you, (Y/N)," Niki said

"Do you need to dry out your coat by the way? It's soaked in rain..." Fundy remarked, offering help.

"Ah..." You uttered.

Almost considering to accept his offer, your eyes had found a displayed sign which had said 'NO SERVICES FOR RE:LIFE' in bold text written on it.

"no, thank you..." You said, looking back to Fundy with a nervous smile on your face as you kindly rejected his offer.

"Are you sure? We wouldn't mind helping out, you know?" Fundy offered once again but you shook your head from left to right, rejecting once again.

"It'll dry out eventually..." You said, taking the coat off your shoulders and tying it around your waist, "Besides, I'm more concern about where to stay over with bad weather like this."

"You can stay in our place for a few days until the weather is clear then. I mean, you're already here so I don't see why not." Niki said

"You guys are too kind but I feel like I might become a burden-"

"That's bullshit. It wouldn't be troublesome for us at all since we already have a spare bedroom. It's basically a convenient situation." Fundy insisted.

"Hm... you're right..." You said, finally accepting their offer to stay in.

"Maybe it wouldn't hurt to stay in."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Michelle's note:
Hello, this is Michelle (@michellechair)! I've been editing for Hana a fair bit recently and since there's still a big chunk of the story left to write, I'm gonna start writing some of the chapters too :) All chapters written by me will have a little credit to me at the end so you guys know that I wrote it and not Hana. Please don't be mad at Hana for asking me to help, she has a lot on her plate here and she really wants to finish this story!!

Hana's Note:
Hi, I ended up writing on this, so here's a team power-up chapter from both me and Michelle. I lived bitch.

PLEASE FOLLOW michellechair BECAUSE SHE DESERVES IT!

This book definitely won't remain being written if it weren't for her so please give her some love and recognition.

Also, every chapter that ends or starts with a note like this probably has a big chance it's written by Michelle.

Created on 5 July 2021
Edited on 7 July 2021
Edited by michellechair @hanamocha