▪︎YOU'RE REALLY JOKING

Start from the beginning

"Hi, have I seen you before?" You asked

"Not that you should remember me from earlier chapters."

"Wait, what?"

"I said that I think you have mistaken me for someone else." She smiled, "Would you like to state your order? We got lots of garlic bread!" She asked

"Hm, could I get a-"

"Hello! Would you be interested in a Le fishe linguine? It's a customer's favorite!" Another baker with blonde wavy hair offered,

"On second thought, I think I'll get going now. I'm just trying to live a normal life." You said, rejecting her offer subtly.

"A normal life? Now that wouldn't make a good story." The blonde said to which you weren't sure if you heard that clearly.

"What?"

"Oh! I said It's fine and I'm sorry. Your first impression of us is very important and we'll try to treat you better next time!" She said.

"We will be closing now so have a nice day!" The red-headed girl named Michelle had grabbed the window shield above and pulled it down, closing the shop.

Shrugging off the interactions you previously had with the strange bakers, you walked down the street. Cold drops of rain started pelting down on the top of your head and wetting your hair.

"Huh?" You looked up in confusion and water started dropping down onto the surface of your cheeks.

"It's raining..." you spoke aloud again, quickly pulling your coat up to cover your hair.

Although the sensation of the rain was refreshing, you didn't want to catch a cold so you looked around for shelter. Instead of finding a bus stop or a roof of a store to take cover under, your eyes were met with a tall man with bright orange hair pulled back into a low ponytail.

Generously, the man held his umbrella over the two of you so that you would both be guarded against the rain. He didn't even know you, but still, he went out of his way to make sure you didn't get soaked by the rain. As the two of you were standing in silence in the middle of the street under his umbrella, he looked across the street and pointed at an open garage.

"Run to that place on my mark okay?" He told you abruptly.

The store looked pretty cool and modern, but the lights were on and it looked warm inside. You weren't even sure if you could trust this guy, but he was nice enough to share his umbrella, so you thought you might as well take a risk.

"1,"

"2."

"3!" You interrupted and took off running, leaving the safety of the umbrella to sprint across the street. And so, with a laugh, he raced to your speed and followed you to the place he told you to go.

When you arrived inside what you recognized to be a mechanic's garage, you were glad to be out of the rain. The kind man who had helped you out of the rain shook off his umbrella and placed it beside the door before turning to you.

"Good that you got out of that rain mostly dry. I'm Fundy," he held out a hand which you shook graciously.

"Thank you for helping me! My name is Y/n," you replied in a friendly tone.

Laughing suddenly, you realized how stupid it was that you made running to get out of the rain into a race. "Oh my god, I can't believe I just did that."