◘ Ice Cream - Sugawara x Reader ◘

A/N: Yo im backkkkk! This is for @Booklover-42 for starting haikyuu lmaoooo

It was often the Karasuno Volleyball Team would visit Cherry On Top, your very own ice cream shop. Passed from generations, Cherry on Top had been open since 1955.

You'd normally have someone else working the front, but today you were on your own.

And yet again you heard the loud shuffling of feet coming through the door, and voices. You grab your apron and run to the front cashier.

"Woah you're pretty!" A bald guy and a tiny guy with a blond strand of hair hanging down practically fell on their knees.

"Tanaka! Nishinoya!" The pair immediately ran back to the rest of their team.

"Hi, what can I get you guys today."

Each boy took their order - every single one different - when the last one came up to order. He had grey hair and a mole under his eye.

"I'll take f/f please!" 

Your eyes sparkled. "That's my favorite too!" You laughed.

Picking up an ice cream scooper, you scooped some of f/f ice cream into a cone.

You took a look at all the boys happily eating the ice cream. 

The same grey haired guy came to pay. 

"I'm sorry about them. We just got back from a practice game."

"No problem. In fact, it's on the house." You pushed his money away.

"What? No, please let me pay."

"Alright how about this. You guys come here whenever you want, and your stuff is on the house. But, promise me you'll beat Oikawa." You smirked at the surprised team.

"Say, uh..."

"Y/N."

"Y/N-san, you know Oikawa?" The bald guy - Tanaka you learned his name after he was yelled at - asked, munching on his cone.

You giggled quietly, the team looking at you weirdly.

"I go to Aoba Johsai. In fact, he's in my class." You laughed even more at the shocked faces staring at you.

"Y/N-san, if you go to Seijoh, and you know Oikawa, then why do you want us to beat him?"

"Easy. I hate him. He left me and our group project hanging just to make his fans adore him more. So the next time I see you guys, please. Beat that piece of garbage."

The team never expected to hear that coming from your mouth. 

The boy - Sugawara - laughed, while others began as well.

"Y/N-san, don't worry. We will."

┅❁┉┉❁┅

Over time, you got to know the Karasuno Volleyball team.

You had gotten very close with the third year setter, Sugawara.

One day, you were chatting with him while the others ate their ice cream.

"Sugawara-san, do you remember what I asked you that day?"

Suga nodded. "Of course I do. In fact, if we beat Date Tech, we'll play them." 

You lightly brushed your hand against his, earning a surprised glance from him.

"You can do it."

┅❁┉┉❁┅

It was a couple days later when you heard that Karasuno lost the Inter High Prelims against Aoba Johsai. 

You were, upset to say the least. Just days ago, you were talking with Sugawara, telling him that they could do it.

Clearly, your help didn't work.

The boys came in the day after, still down from the loss.

"Hey boys. You played a good game." You smiled weakly.

You could see that your words didn't make anything better. Sugawara came to talk to you.

"Sugawara-san, I'm so sorry."

"It's ok Y/N."

"Please, is there anything I could do?"

"Maybe some kind words to them."

You got up to go talk to the others when you heard something else.

"...and also your phone number."

"Sorry what was that?"

"Oh, nothing." 

┅❁┉┉❁┅

At closing time, you slipped a piece of paper in Sugawara's pocket.

┅❁┉┉❁┅

To: Y/N L/N
From: Sugawara Koushi
Topic: Hey

Hey Y/N, it's Sugawara. I was wondering if you'd like to go get coffee sometime, and chat. Hope to see you around soon :)

┅❁┉┉❁┅

You smiled at the message, saying you'll that you'd love to.

┅❁┉┉❁┅

A/N: wow this is bad- at least the ending but again, @booklover-42 here u go man

Coming UP:
Michael in the Bathroom (not a lyric prank lmao) - Karasuno
I wanna ruin our friendship - Kiyoko x Fem Reader