◘ Receiving Practice Part Two (Request) - Yaku x Reader ◘

A/N: I'm going through these pretty fast B) This is like the only time I haven't had writer's block for a while, and I feel great.

"Make sure your fingers aren't intertwined." Yaku said to you as Yamamoto spiked some volleyballs your way. He was busy helping you with receives, and he was a really great teacher.

"Yes Yaku-san!" Yaku would normally never agree to something like this, but you were different. The team noticed this as well. Usually, Yaku would be really....mom-ish. And you don't mention his height either. Around you though, he was nicer. A lot nicer.

After almost an hour, you finally received one of Yamamoto's spikes. When you did, you screamed in surprise.

"I can't believe I did that!" You squealed jumping next to Yaku. He gave you a very proud mom smile. You blushed furiously. 

"Good job Y/N."

"Th-thank you." 

God her smile.

"Y/N." You turned around to see the rest of the team. "We're going to the firework festival later, do you wanna join us?" Kuroo asked kindly.

Your thoughts raced. People lots and lots of people. You might get a panic attack. But, you'd get to spend more time with Yaku- WHAT THE HELL Y/N?! You met the guy 2 hours ago!

"S-sure I guess." You ran next to Kenma's side. 

"I've got you if you start to get anxious." He whispered. Kenma was never like that to you unless you were really really scared. 

"Thanks Kenma." You replied.

"Alright then, let's get going."

Time skip brought to you by "AGAAAAAAAASHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

The team had arrived at the festival after Kenma complaining about walking, which ended with Kuroo dragging him the whole time.

"I'm going to get some pork buns, who wants some?" Everyone shouted in agreement while you timidly nodded along.

Kuroo, Yamamoto, and Lev - the grey haired boy with green eyes - walked off leaving you with the rest of the team. Seeing more people arrive, you hid behind Kenma.

"It's ok." He said quietly.

Yaku watched closely. He was confused as to what was happening.

"Let's go find a seat." Shibiyama broke the silence.

You followed along, hiding behind Kenma.

After a few minutes of walking through the crowds, you and the boys found a small area near one of the food stands. Coincidentally, it was the very stand that Kuroo, Yamamoto, and Lev were ordering from.

Before the show started, you stood in between to Kenma and Yaku, since it was very crowded.

"Kenma..there's a lot of people..." You whispered. He didn't respond. "Not funny Kenma.." Looking to your left, instead of seeing Kenma, you saw a random person. 

You could feel the fear bubbling inside of you. You started breathing relatively faster.

"Y/N?" A muffled voice called to you. Yaku who was falling asleep next to you shot awake. "Y/N! Are you ok?"

Tears welled in your eyes. "Yaku-san, I actually have really bad anxiety, and that's why you've never met me before. I-i'm not used to all these people, and usually Kenma's there to help me when I get anxious but I turned around and he wasn't there and-"

Your rambling cut short as you felt Yaku's arm around you.

"Don't worry." He mumbled. "I'm here."

A/N: how sweet am i right? out of all the haikyuu moms I think he'd be my favorite

Coming Up:
Chemistry Class - Kuroo x Reader

Last Friday Night (Lyric Prank) - Y/N Pranks Sugamama (Series)
Freeze Your Brain (Lyric Prank) - Y/N Pranks Sugamama (Series)
Animal Crossing - Kenma x Reader
Only Us (Songfic) - Akaashi x Reader