After a moment, I heard them head in different directions and when I peeked out the door, Sehun had disappeared into his office. I hurried down the corridor, catching up to her. I placed a hand on her shoulder and when she turned around, my heart broke a little at the look of absolute panic on her face. "Why didn't you tell him the truth?" I asked, needing to know why she protected me like that after what I had done to her, the way I treated her.

Y/N sighed and I could see the tired look in her eyes. "Look. It's not worth it to me. Please leave me alone. I promise I will stay away from you and when you and Mr. Kim are released, you will never have to see me again. So please. Please leave me alone." With that, she pulled herself from my hand and walked away, her steps dragging as though every step was carrying the weight of the world in her tired body.

Her words were ringing in my ears. What did she mean? Are we not worth it to her? What did she mean about never seeing her again? Why would she say that? What the hell is going on? Did... did she not want Taehyung and me? The realization of what I had done began to sink in. I rejected my mate, told her to her face that I didn't want her. So now why I was feeling so rejected from her? Once again I pushed the thoughts from my mind. So what if she rejected me? I didn't fucking need her. She was just a useless little human. I had one mate whom I had a strong bond with and three others that I would develop a bond with. Hoseok might be a little bit harder to convince, along with Jin. They probably wouldn't leave her, but at least we could develop our bond. I was sure I had convinced Jungkook. All I had needed to do was put the doubt in his mind and it was easy from there.

Pushing the thoughts of Y/N from my mind, I walked back into Taehyung's room to see him stirring. He opened his pretty eyes and looked at me. I could feel the love swell in my heart as I looked at my handsome mate. "Hey Minnie." His voice was gruff with sleep and it sent a shot of arousal straight through me.

"Hey babe. How did you sleep?" I leaned down and pecked his lips, smiling when he pouted at the quick kiss.

"Good. It's been nice to sleep in a real bed." Taehyung's eyes darted down and I could tell he felt guilty with his words.

"No. Don't make that face. You should be happy to sleep in a real bed. Sounds like we'll both be sleeping in one tonight." I reminded him with a smile.

Taehyung eyed me strangely. "Yeah. Thanks to Y/N." I could see the look of longing on his face and knew he wanted to bond with our human mate, but as long as I didn't want to, he wouldn't do it. It was part of what made me feel guilty, knowing I was keeping my mate away from someone he wanted, but I couldn't help myself. Taehyung sighed when I said nothing, but he gave me a quick sniff. "Why...why do you smell like orange dreamsicles? Is... is there another mate?" Taehyung's eyes lit up in excitement.

"Calm down babe. This... this one is a little more difficult. His name is Hoseok. He's a fox hybrid. He's already met Y/N. She kind of... kind of helped him when the other hybrid nurse was being too rough with him." I didn't want to give Taehyung another reason to want the human but I couldn't lie to him either.

Taehyung's eyes darkened in irritation and I stroked his hand. "What do you mean being too rough with him?"

"He was a little hostile so they were trying to strap him to the bed. Y/N came along, calmed him down and removed the restraints. Told the hybrid that Hoseok was just scared. He... he calmed right down for her." I hesitated before speaking again. "She offered for him to live with her."

A sadness that I hated filled Taehyung's eyes before he pushed it away. "Oh? She... she did? Why didn't she ask us Minnie?" Taehyung's voice was soft and the hurt in it shattered my heart like a broken ceramic figurine.