Prologue

Y/n's pov

"I need to buy a damn car", I fussed as I walked home. I was walking home in the middle of the night. The only reason I was out so late was because of the damn DMV. I looked at my ID with a frown then placed it back in my pocket.

"Could've taken a better picture", I sighed. Suddenly a loud noise came from the alleyway next to me causing me to look in that direction. I stared long ad hard to see what it was, maybe it was a cat. I noticed the form in the alleyway was the shape of a child, no older than 6 years old.

"Hey, what are you doing down there", I asked while walking into the alleyway. The boy only just stared up at me, He had black hair and was dressed in torn black shirt and shorts. As I walked closer to him I saw he flinched causing me to stop.

"I'm not going to hurt you, just want to make sure you get home safe", I said while holding my hand out towards him. I saw his face turned into a look of panic, I thought he was going to run away, but he ran towards me. He grabbed my wrist then let go. I gave him a confused look.

My hand started to feel weird. I looked down to see it started to turn dark purplish grey. It looked like it was decaying.

"Wow that's a crazy quirk", I said then took a knife out of my pocket. I held the blade up slightly then brought it down towards my wrist fast. I severed my right hand in one clean cut. Blood squirted out for a quick second then stopped. My hand grew back instantly. Once it was finished I opened and closed my hand.

"All good", I said then looked back at the kid. He looked shocked and confused. "Now let's go find your parents", I said with a smile. The boy shook his head then looked at the ground. I heard him mumble something, but it was unclear what he said.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you", I said. He looked back up at me, he had tears running down his eyes. "LEAVE ME ALONE", he screamed then charged at me. He shoved both his hands on my stomach then backed away. My shirt began disintegrating into nothing, now I was left in my bra. Luckily I had a jacket wrapped around my waist for me to use. I noticed a dark spot began forming on my stomach. I closed my eyes and let in a deep breath then released it. I opened my eyes to see the dark spot on my stomach was gone.

"H-How are you, why won't you die", he began rambling. I unwrapped my jacket from my waist and put it on. I got closer to the boy and squat down to his level. He took a step back away from me.

"Let's get you home", I said and he he shook his head. "There dead I killed them and I'll kill you too if you don't leave", he replied. "You can't kill me", I said. "Yes I can", he replied. "No you can't, you can try as much as you want, but I won't die nor feel pain", I stated. He looked at me in disbelief.

I don't know why, but I want to take this kid home. He's abandoned, it dangerous for a boy like him to be out here by himself, especially with his quirk. I never thought I would be adopting a kid.

"Since you don't have a family, why not come with me", I suggested. "You want me to come with you", he questioned. "We'll have to stop by a friend of mines first, then we'll head to my house", I replied. "I'm only coming so I can kill you", he said. "Fine with me", I replied and stood up. I walked out of the alleyway then turned to him and held my hand out.

"Let's go the hospital isn't too far from here", I said. The boy walked towards me. He looked at my hand then grabbed it with both his hand in hopes of disintegrating it, of course it didn't work. He removed his right hand from my hand, but kept holding my hand with my left. We began walking to the hospital.