Kagehina: Dance the Night away

Sorry for not making much updates; I have just been low on ideas on what to right. But I hope you like this song cause It is so calming to me. Also I would love to hear about if music inspires you guys as well! Hope you enjoy 😊
Song: Lemon Boy by CaveTown

There once was a bittersweet man and they called him, "Lemon Boy"
He was growing in my garden and I pulled him out by his hair like a weed
And like weeds do he only came and grew back again

Hinata was gliding around his room, slowly dancing with himself. He just finished several hours of school and volleyball, and he somehow couldn't get sleep. Which is getting more and more common for him. He just feels off when trying to sleep. Luckily he had found songs that calmed his anxiety to get the rest he well deserved.

So, I figured this time I might as well let him be
Lemon Boy and me started to get along together
I helped him plant his seeds
And we'd mow the lawn in bad weather

He was barefoot, having his tired feet touch his soft furry rug. He couldn't see much since the only source of light was from the moon outside his window. Even so, he knows his room so well, that he's aware of all the stuff he could bump into it. Nevertheless, he still had to be careful because if anyone(meaning his family) saw him dancing by himself to this 'cringe' song it would be totally embarrassing!

It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him
So, I got myself a citrus friend

He closed his eyes, drifting off into a different world feeling himself finally growing tired. He was so lost in the comfort of thinking about nothing in particular. His drowsiness led him to not be aware of the talking from downstairs.

But soon his bittersweet started to rub off on me
You'd think smelling like lemon zest would be pretty neat
I found out that my friends are more of the savory type
And they weren't too keen on compromising with a nice lemon pie

Someone knocked twice on his bedroom door not giving a person enough time to react even if they heard the sound and swung the door open. "Hey Dumbass, here's your wa- waaAAAHHH" the tall figure stops when looking at the orange tangerine who suddenly yelped and fell over nothing.

So Lemon Boy and me, we just gotta get along together
I helped him plant his seeds
And we'll mow the lawn in bad weather
It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him

"Dummy, what the fuck were you twerking for?" Shoyo was still on the ground rubbing his head before pushing himself up after the lovely 'King' comment. The smol bean was also in fact, not twerking or anything remotely like that.

So, I got myself a citrus friend
But what if I run out of fertilizer?
What if the clouds run out of rain?
What if Lemon Boy won't grow no longer?
What if beaches dry of sugar cane?
Oh well

"I was-s," He stuttered trying to think of a convincing lie. "I just changed out of my volleyball outfit and am about to go to sleep!" He said in a fast matter-of-fact way. "But someone, decided to interrupt because they are too stupid to know basic manners." He mumbles under his breath barely audible."

Either Kageyama didn't hear or just didn't care to respond as he tossed the chaotic sunshine's water bottle over, landing in his lap. "You forgot it at practice," he states looking over to see what the other was listening to, the sunshine still startled and annoyed at the unwelcome guest. Why did his parents just let him come up instead of just leaving the bottle downstairs? 

The whales start to beach themselves

Tortoise shells tear away from their spines
It happens all the time, it happens all the time

"Didn't know you liked that type of music," the blueberry boy says, holding Shoyo's phone in his left hand. Shoyo was lying on his bed hoping Tobio would get the message and leave him alone. Don't misunderstand, Hinata loves spending time with Tobio, he just doesn't need to see him more than the 9-10 hours they already see each other each day.

Shoyo jumps up, snatching the phone "None of your business, just some music." Kageyama stays silent for a small amount of time. Unknown to the orangette; he also has trouble sleeping. And Cavetown is one of his favorite artists to listen to to help him. Hinata was expecting Tobio to laugh or make some stupid remark, but he did something the other wasn't expecting...

'Lemon Boy and I, we're gonna live forever

Like Snufkin and little my, we'll get around wherever
Lemon Boy and I, we're gonna live forever
Like Snufkin and little my, we'll get around wherever'

Kagyema sings softly, almost not understandable. His face gets slightly hot from not being used to singing, especially with an audience. Shoyo, getting over the short shock, decided why not sing along.

The embarrassment is gone since they both listen to the song. Why was he embarrassed about the music anyway? Irrelevant at the moment. He pushed all thoughts away and unplugged the headphones so the room filled with steady gentle music with a slightly charming aurora flying around the two.

It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him
'Cause we're the bitterest boys in town
Yeah, we're the bitterest guys around
And I got myself a citrus friend

They came closer to one another, subconsciously dancing and syncing their movements. They danced for the next several lines like that. 

Just swaying back and forth next to each other. They were still dancing their legs away, by now the guitar solo was going through, but that also signaled they would have to grow apart soon.

~~~~

The song finished. And there were a few seconds of silence not long enough to get awkward; before another song continued. They almost hesitated, but went with it and glanced over to view the other's face. Still and silent, looking into each other's sparkling eyes holding unreadable emotions for them both mentally saying 'fuck it' and wrapping their arms tighter around each other. They start to slow dance to the song playing in the background. 

So it was just them. Gently dancing. The Sun in PJs and the Moon are still in volleyball outfits (somehow not smelling like trash bags) and no one interrupted them. Gently hearing the other's heartbeats, not wanting to let go.

Oh well, I think I did good. Btw my birthday pasted since I lasted posted and now I am 12! But anyhow, I hope you all are doing well and like the story. I am trying to go through Pintest for a love shot idea, but can't seem to find one I like. Drink water and get sleep! It is important.  Bye Kings, Queens, and Non-binary Lieges. Words 1157