"You ditched me for his basketball practice?"
His voice booms breaking the serenity.

I close my eyes, licking my lips I straighten my back. Here goes nothing.
"Daniel said he really needed me to be there, I could not say no. It was selection day today."

He looks cheerful right? if clenching one's jaw/whole face means cheerful.

"He did great and he got in." I continue to break the tension. "He told me he was captain of the basketball team back at his school and..."

"Alright! Alright!"
Thank goodness! Now I can stop.
He gets up, walking to his clothes back at the bank he starts putting them on.
I look over my shoulder with sceptical eyes, assessing the situation at hand and his body. He has a sexy ass, I have to give him that. I stifle my giggles as he put on his shorts.

"What are you staring at, you know I am shy."
He pouts, all in his sexy glory.

"Shy and you can not, should not be used in the same sentence." A hunk yes, definitely not shy. I get up dusting my tights.

"That it? in that case..."

In a split second he is in front of me, startled I almost fall into the lake had he not caught me on time.

"They don't have the same speed and strength as we do," he says validating his point.

"I freaking know that!" I hate why no one get this? I just want to be friends with my classmates who happen to be human. "This is so beyon-"

My breath hitches at the intensity of his gaze looking deep into my amber eyes, all too serious, searching for something?

What? I give him a questioning look.
To which he replies by lifting his brows.
Moving his face closer, he whispers near my ear, "which word would you use in a sentence same as I?" This thing he is doing with my neck feels amazing.

Huh... I open my mouth but nothing came out. Why? No! Now should be my comeback but my brain is not making any, only my breath is coming in bits and parts. Another blow of wind and I close my eyes, tightening my grip on him. I do not want to fall. Lake is cold!

"I'll fall," is what I say.
I meant it as a warning but it comes out as stifled whisper. Of all the time my voice has to abandon me it has to be today.

His eyes change colour from its original sky blue to shining deep blue, reminding me of deep dark ocean, I find myself drowning into its depths.

His lips curl up into an alluring smirk.
"Then fall, I'll be sure to catch," he whispers back, few inches away from my lips.

Is it okay if I close this gap? Wait! I did not just say that, did I?

His hand slowly slides along the side of my waist down, securing me? My heart skips a beat. I like where this is going when I should not.

I used to know him like the back of my hand, but this is uncalled for. I am torn between the way joviality is dancing around the corner of his lips that is a total contrast to the gravity in his eyes with which he is scanning me, like I am some deer he has caught under spotlight.

He is definitely playing with me, this is the only valid explanation. I hate that my senses are reacting like this when it should not.
"Do not look at me like this," my brain expresses its annoyance.
Don't stop! My body disagrees as it moulds itself into his hold.

"Why? You are enjoying this, are not you?" He says effortlessly swinging me away from the edge, pulling us closer.

My ears turn red at his confrontation. I can hear my heart hammering hard against my chest. My skin is cold to touch but my body feels hot to me from inside .

What has gotten into me? I should not be reacting to his quirks. This isn't right.
I secretly want this to turn into something though. I look into his eyes through my lashes because I am too phased to look directly, trying to find any glimpse of playfulness, none found, all this only to get hypnotised under his solemn gaze.

Say something! My throat is drying, I gulp.
Is he playing his tricks on me?
I don't realise when our faces get this close, out of the blue I feel his lips brushing against mine and my whole body tenses.
Heavens... Earth!

My ovaries need strict supervision. We have kissed before, on cheeks and sometimes a friendly peck on the lips, I pull back a little, this is nothing new... other than his hand that is caressing my back telling my nerves to get down and dirty. His hands feel strong, yet gentle against my skin.

Mine.

No! Not mine! Not mine!

His gaze is roving my face, he brings his mouth back on mine placing a soft warm kiss.
My entire body feels like it has been ignited. Hovering over me he tilts his head to other side, pulling me closer into him by my hips, he kisses me another firm wet kiss, this time not backing down.

"Kiss me Ivory." His words rushing sounds like poetry to my ears. My breath wavers and before I know it I got on my toes crashing my lips against his. Kissing him really kissing him back.

My conscious and my hormones were battling but my conscious never held a torch against his touch. My core starts forming into knots with excitement and I tighten my thighs hiding the thrill.

I feel his sharp intake of breath, urging me to take off my top but I know better that there is no stopping us after that.

His mouth tastes just like I had imagined, as his warm tongue enters my mouth, making contact with mine. I invite him with equal passion and I can not stop. I can taste the faint hint of mint on his tongue as his warm tongue runs along mine. My entire body is getting hotter with every second that passes, it feels good, I moan into his mouth. Feeling weak in my knees I almost loose my balance but he didn't let go like he promised and I am loving this because it is getting chilly outside.
"Lie down?" He says cupping my flushed cheeks. I can cum for his horas voice alone. I shake my head surprised by my dirty thoughts. I need to pull myself together. I love Isaac, but we can't ignore the fact that we are not mates! I like what he is doing with his thumb against my lips and I almost lean back in for more, what stoped me was the realisation that we are not meant to be. It is times like this my heart aches and I envy humans for choosing the partner of their liking without any care in the world. Then again this could be just a kiss but his swollen lips a telling something else.

Unconsciously I move my hands to his chest.
"Isaac..." I try framing a sentence but my eyes start tearing up. "We... I..." my voice is ruffled, barely audible.

He is still, like a giant rock, clenching and unclenching his jaw. He scrunches his eyes, taking a loud frustrating breath he increases the distance between us. He is 6,3" I am 5,6'', my face is facing his chest, he is intimidating or my mind is muddled up with foggy thoughts of what just happened.

~~~~~~~~~

I wish someone had told her that she's going to miss this moment for the rest of her life.