Crook 18: Love Me Again

Start from the beginning

"You're late." Liyah cleared her throat, trying not to pay much attention to his intense gaze or his handsome face. Taehyung sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry. I got held up in something and I had to get your flowers. But if we leave now we'll make it to the drive in just in time to catch the beginning of the movie."

Liyah furrowed her eyebrows. She wanted to say more, keep this argument brewing. But when her eyes met his she couldn't even gather the words. All she could do was purse her lips before turning away from him to go inside and get her purse.

"You don't want your flowers?" He asked humorously from behind her. The door was opened only a tad, just enough for him to see inside and notice a figure on the couch.

"Oh yeah." Liyah murmured, turning around and taking the bouquet from his hands. "They're beautiful. I'll put them in a vase and we can leave afterwards."

"Okay." Taehyung nodded. He noticed that the person sitting on the couch was...a guy. He looked at Taehyung until Taehyung noticed him. And that's when he looked away. Taehyung tilted his head to the side, the realization clicking in his brain of who this guy was.

Taehyung licked his lips before looking away. He decided to focus soley on Liyah this evening, although Hoseok's job was sitting right before him. He didn't know that both Jimin and Liyah shared an apartment. Then again there was so much information being piled on top of him at one time pertaining to this job, he probably overlooked it.

"I'll see you later. Be safe." He snapped out of his thoughts once he heard the man speak. Liyah unwrapped her arms from around him and next placed her bag over her shoulder before coming to the door. She faced Taehyung with a smile.

"Ready?" She asked. He grabbed her hand, pulling her in to kiss the side of her lips. "As ready as ever."

"Okay. Lock up Jimin. Later!" She waved back. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows as they began walking down the hall, away from the apartment door. It was funny how Liyah no longer seemed annoyed. Only happy to be holding his hand, standing next to him.

"You look stunning by the way." He said smoothly.

"Thank you. I haven't worn this dress before and I figured this would be a nice occasion." She explained although it wasn't needed. Taehyung's jaw ticked as their feet hit the pavement outside. It was dark and a bit chilly despite being a summer night. Instinctively, he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer, supplying her with some warmth.

"As gorgeous as you look, it wouldn't have hurt to bring a coat." He scolded. The girl rolled her eyes.

"You're my date. Not my father, Tae."

"I'm just looking out for you." Taehyung opened the passenger side door to his Buick, letting her get settled in first before making his way to the drivers side.

Liyah snapped on her seatbelt and scanned around the vehicle. Taehyung had a lot of nice things growing up and he valued his possessions. She just knew that he was in love with this care judging from how clean it was on the inside. Her seat was adjusted to a perfect angle and it was nice and warm inside. Liyah raised a brow.

"What?" Taehyung asked, backing out of his parking space. Liyah shook her head, but he knew a question was brewing.

And just like clockwork...