Crook 14: Im Here To Stay

/Narrator's POV/

Liyah couldn't remember the last time she had rode in a cab. If Jimin knew, he would flip his shit. But she has managed to leave when he was knocked out cold after a long studying session and so it was a breeze to just slip out of the apartment while going unnoticed.

Now she sat in the back of a cab, listening to the scratchy radio as the driver took her across town to a diner she hadn't visited in years. Franks, the teen hangout hotspot that had been famous for sometime now. In a way she missed the place. She could vividly remember sitting in a booth for hours sipping on a cold, chocolate milkshake and laughing until her head felt funny. Liyah missed those days.

God, why did she have to take the bait? He left her with an ultimatum that made Liyah realize just how indecisive she truly was. On one end, she tried to stand on what she said. She didn't need him anymore and she would be better off without him around. On the other end she couldn't just let him slip away with getting any closure. Without holding a full conversation. It was tricky.

Before Liyah knew it, they had reached the side of town that people felt more safer in. The side of town where nightclubs and restaurants and hotels were located. Where people walked the streets and didn't feel the need to peek over their shoulders every given second.

The cab comes to a smooth stop at the red light a block away from Franks. Liyah feels her heart race inside of her chest. She stared down at her lap. This was the most clothing she had worn in weeks, it seemed. She couldn't remember the last time she wore jeans and tennis shoes. Yet here she was now wearing a baggy pair of Levi's, a long sleeved cherry red crop top and her favorite pair of black chucks. She left her curly hair in its fro, and even went the extra mile to put on a dash of makeup.

She didn't know why she was doing all of this. After all, it was only Taehyung. She suddenly felt foolish, wanting to turn around and go home to change. But it was far too late now seeing as the light had turned green and the driver was turning in front of the diner.

"Here?" He asked with a thick foreign accent. Liyah nodded.

"Yeah. You don't need to turn into the parking lot." She mumbled, opening her purse and pulling out her cab fair with shaky hands. She reached the cash to the driver who took it swiftly without an ounce of shame, a subtle 'thank you' leaving from his lips.

"Have a good night." Liyah clears her throat, gathering her purse and dignity before stepping out of the cab. The minute she closes the door the driver is taking off.

"Asshole." She grumbled to herself, turning on her feet and walking across the parking lot. The red neon sign flickers as the word 'OPEN' flashed across the window in bold electric letters. She could see inside that not many people were here tonight which kind of calmed her down a bit.

Her hand grasped on to the doors handle and she opens it, stepping inside with ease. She escapes the warm summer air, a cold breeze falling over her as she enters the diner. The bell chiming alerts the others of her entry but they hardly pay any mind.

From there, the search had began. Liyah clutched the strap of her purse as she eased inside. She walked down the aisle, something telling her to turn left. She looked inside of every booth, most of which were empty. She was almost at the end of the aisle, right next to the jukebox when she peeped inside of the booth with only one sitter.

Her breath got caught in her throat. Same brown leather jacket, same slicked back hair. This was Taehyung.

Liyah didn't say anything. She only sighed before sliding into the booth in front of him. She placed her bag down first and then her body. Avoiding eye contact with him at all times as she looked down at the table. She was ashamed for some reason. Could he sniff the vulnerability right off of her?