Meanwhile Annabeth suffered through chapters of the female lead stringing along the three male leads in this harem story. Make up your damn mind, Annabeth thought to Princess Alana, and just tell all three you want to be polyamorous. When she brought this up to Clarisse, Clarisse shrugged and said her editors wanted all three male leads to have equal screen time because her readers stanned all three male leads equally.

Annabeth thought for a bit and detailed her thoughts in an email to Clarisse. As the night wore on, Annabeth found her eyes getting dimmer. Her body wanted to sleep, especially after the late nights she had pulled trying to put together her latest architecture project before the deadline. But something felt off. The computer screen was becoming blurrier.

Annabeth stood up, but her body wouldn't obey. Her legs swayed underneath her before they buckled.

"What is going on?"

She tried to reach for her phone to dial 911 but suddenly everything went black.

The apartment was eerily quiet and dark except for the bright glare of the laptop. Suddenly, the mouse on the manuscript flashed and words began to type by themselves...

When Annabeth woke up, she was no longer Annabeth Chase, a twenty-eight year old PhD graduate in architecture working in New York. She was the eldest princess of Kiran, an insignificant supporting character slated to die a horrible death in the first chapter of Clarisse's manuscript in order to drive the events of the story.

Annabeth only had one word on her mind.

"Shit."

**************************

King Perseus Jackson, affectionately nicknamed Percy by his mother, inserted a silver needle into his tea cup. When the needle came back out black as expected, he calmly instructed his aide and closest friend, Grover, to take care of the poisoned tea. Later that day, the kitchen maid who had cleaned the tea cups for the king's use quietly disappeared from the kitchen without a trace.

To the other staff of the royal palace, this was just a case when workers would quit over some insignificant reason or another. But to those who saw things more clearly, this was a situation where having two masters always ended up poorly. And so they bowed their heads even lower, keeping their noses out of businesses they shouldn't be poking into.

Percy switched to another cup of tea. In his past life, he had not been as careful and suspicious as he had been now and had actually drank this poisoned tea. While his body had built up immunity to most poisons, this strange poison had caused his body to suffer greatly. These three days had cost him dearly, leading to a war that his kingdom, Eldoris, would suffer greatly, torn to pieces by the neighboring nations of Tynan and Kiran who circled Eldoris like vultures.

During those three days, the bride Kiran had sent had been been attacked on route to Eldoris and passed away. Kiran demanded compensation for the death of their princess and started a war with Eldoris as a result.

Percy sneered as he thought of those bastards. It was only after the Kiran princess' death that he found that the bride they sent him was not Princess Alana, the famed beauty and wielder of light magic. Kiran had sent him their eldest princess, someone they had kept quiet about for twenty-three years. Princess Alana was not sent on the excuse that the eldest princess had to be married out first.

When he heard of the news that the Kiran princess had been attacked, she was still alive at the scene of the crime. The imperial physicians had tried their best to save her life, but she had passed away from her fatal injuries. Percy still remembered how her grey eyes had opened briefly. They were pale and lifeless. This young woman had given up on life a long time ago. Then those grey eyes never opened again.