thirty

Amity p.o.v

today was slow like usual, only the regulars came in besides this morning with Luz and her friends. i'm proud of Luz for passing, even though it wasn't a better grade it was still good to have her pass. my parents would've put me through the ringer if i had that grade. i sat on my phone at the counter just watching time go by as music plays in my headphones. after about thirty-five minutes of scrolling through my phone i got a message from Luz.

soon to be girlfriend 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩: out of class! i'm on my way over 🥳

i roll my eyes and smile. i still can't get over her name in my phone. it made me wonder, does she really like me that much to put it as her contact? i have really strong romantic feelings for her but i don't know if she does for me. hell, i know she said girls like me are her type but i can't help but feel like it was only the alcohol speaking. i'll need to ask her but i don't know how to say it without sounding stupid. i took a big sigh and put my head against the counter.

i feel a poke at my head. i lifted it to see the one and only Luz Noceda smirking at me. i instantly stood up straight. "you're here! i mean, of course you're here. you said you were coming haha." kill me. "i've been talking for too long." i'm a wreck.

"you okay Blight? seem kinda flustered." she laughs getting close to my face.

"shut up." i say looking away.

"if you say so, i guess i'll just have to speak in sign language." she teased putting her arms up like she was surrendering.

"you're both interesting characters." me and Luz turn our heads to see Boshca. she was walking from the back out to the floor. "Luz have you seen Willow?"

"nah, she ditched after class. she said she had to check on her plants." Luz tells her pointing behind her with her thumb.

"that fucking dumbass was supposed to come pick me up." Boshca said rolling her eyes. she pulled out her phone and typed away at it then holding it to her ear. she waved to both of us before walking out of the building, we give her a wave back.

once Boshca was out of the building Luz turned back to me, "i guess it's just me and you." she sarcastically said and winked.

"i'm at work." i say crossing my arms.

"and?" she proceeded.

"and you need to do schoolwork." i give her a sly smile. she groaned and walked over to the table she's sat at each time she's come.

"you're like my mom." she groaned out acting dead in her chair. i roll my eyes and walk up behind her. i take her beanie and put it over her head. "hey! what was that for?" she said lifting it from her face.

"i'm not your mom, i just care about you." i say giving her a kiss on the cheek. "now, do you want something to drink? it's on me."

"hell yeah!" she said instantly perking up in her chair. "the usual of course! and i'll also have a kiss too."

"you're like a child, but fine. but only as long as you do your schoolwork." i say placing my hand on the table.

"deal!" she yells out grabbing her backpack. i laugh and bend down to give her a kiss.

"there. now do your schoolwork." she gives me a thumbs up and a smile. i smile back to her and walk to the counter. i put the money in and start making her drink. i decided to make mine too since i was paying. after a few minutes i make her drink and bring it to her. "what are you working on?" i ask looking over her shoulder to the brunettes laptop.

"well right now i'm learning childrens brain development. not much fun but it's crazy to think about." she tells me looking up to me. i give her a hum in response. "what are you learning?" Luz asked.

"i'm learning programming." i tell her wrapping my arms around her neck and resting against her shoulders.

"oh like what?" she asked starting to type on her computer.

"well i learn to code things to do specific things, like to make a robots arm move up and down. or to make a electrical object move forward or backwards." i say looking at what she was typing.

"that sounds awesome! it's so cool knowing that i'm going to date a girl who knows so much about electronics." she said turning to me with a grin on her face. god she's embarrassing when she says that. i think i was wrong about the alcohol talking thing.

"to me it'll be nice to date a girl who knows how my mind works." i say laughing back.

"not quite but i'll get there." she puts her hands up to mine and holds them, she gives me a kiss on the cheek and turns back to her work. i put my head into the crook of her neck and then remember i need to make my drink too. i get up and tell her i'll be right back. as soon as i go to my counter i start to make my drink, i would look back every once and a while to see Luz typing away on her computer and drinking her coffee. this girl makes me heart bloom.

i made myself caramel and chocolate mocha. once done a customer walks in and orders a drink. i make sure to serve them first and once done i walk over to Luz with my drink in hand. i sit next to her and take a drink, looking at her schoolwork.

"what did you make?" Luz asked looking over to me. i hand it to her and she takes a drink, her eyes practically lit up. "oh my god this is delicious! what is it?"

"it's a caramel and chocolate mocha. is it really that good?" i ask her putting my arm on the table and resting my head in my hand.

"i love it! see, not only will i get a good programming girlfriend but i'll also get a cute barista girlfriend." she said smiling and put my drink down.

"i would love that." i say practically gushing over this girl.