thirteen

Luz p.o.v

oh god why do i wanna kiss her?

lightbulb went off.

i lean in to Amity, i look into her eye and tilt my head. her face was becoming as red as a tomato. i kiss her cheek.

did y'all really think i would kiss her on the lips i've known her for a day i know better than that. not saying it's a bad thing or anything but i would like to be dating someone before i go off kissing them. anyways, when i pull away from kissing her cheek she gives a little giggle and kisses my forehead.

"oh Luz! what time is it?" she sprung with a question. i check my phone.

"it's 9:45." i tell her looking back up and turning off my phone and placing it back into my pocket.

"hey do you wanna eat that edible before the event?" she asked me. god this girl can read my mind i swear.

"i was thinking the exact same thing." i tell her reaching for the bag.

"great minds think alike." she gets giggles back. i open up the packaging and it was gummy bear edibles. we split them in half, and started to eat our share. "don't these take a bit to kick in?" Amity asked me.

"yeah they take a bit but it sure will be an experience."

"i can't wait." she smirks at me. okay but why did she say it like that oh my god. am i looking into it? or was it meant to be a innuendo? ugh dating girls is hard you never know what they mean. wait no we're not dating yet. wait why did i say yet? ughh, this is too hard for my brain.

she reached over to my hand. we were both sitting side by side against the big tree. she put her hand in mine, i laced her fingers though mine. she got closer to me and set her head on my shoulder. damn i'm swooning over this girl right now.

"Luz?" Amity looks up into my eyes, hers a shining gold color. i loved those eyes.

"yes?" i shift a little more towards her face.

"do you happen to have a jacket i can borrow? it's cold." she giggled out to me.

"no not with me, at least tonight is a bit warmer than it usually is. i'm sorry Amity." i tell her in a apologetic tone. i should've grabbed one.

"it's alright, don't worry about it. i got an idea!" she tells me sitting back up and pulling out her phone. she turns on music and sets her phone down. she stands up and holds a hand out to me. "may i have this dance?"

"you wanna dance with me?" i question grabbing her hand and standing up with her.

"hell yeah! body movements warm you body up. and also we still have ten minutes until the lanterns. now common dance with me!" she beamed out, pulling me farther out from the tree. her fair skin gleaming in the moonlight as she danced away. she was so stunning, damn i gotta admit i have a crush on this girl.

it felt like we were dancing for hours, but in reality it was about three songs. something caught our eye to make us stop dancing. it was some of the lanterns in the sky. i turned to Amity, "wanna grab the lanterns?" i ask her. she nods her head yes and runs to grab them and the lighter. she brings them back and hands them to me. i open the packaging and pop open the lanterns. they came with tea lights so that was good. i light the wick and then set them in the lanterns. i hand Amity hers, she was in awe the whole time.

"are you ready?" i ask her holding mine in my hand, she agrees. we let them go. they float up in the sky with the others. i feel a hand intertwine with mine, i look over to see the green and brown haired girl looking in the sky. you could see the lights twinkle in her honey golden eyes. she looked so beautiful, she looked like she hasn't had this fun in so long. the lanterns fill the sky almost like little bulbs of light floating in the sky. it was as though they became the stars.

never mind, fuck it.

"Amity?" she turns her head to me.

"yeah?" i cut her off. i kissed her. and i really thought i wouldn't get a kiss back, so i pull away. when i opened my eyes she was staring right at me. she looked super red and her eyes seemed wonderstruck.

"i'm really sorry Amity, i didn't ask for your consent. i just keep getting caught up in the moment and i know that it is super bad. i'm so so so so sorry. plus we've only have known each other for like a day." i start to ramble off until i was interrupted.

"do it again."

"huh?" wait what?

"kiss me again." she grips my hand and rubs it with her thumb. i calm down again. alright let's take two.

i kiss her again, and i got a kiss back. and to be honest, it was magical. the way her hand was holding mine, her lips against mine. the grass flowing in the slight breeze blessing my ears, Amity's music only a background noise compared to this moment. i felt like i could've been in that moment forever, but as we pulled away from one another i blurt out in the moment. "you're beautiful Amity Blight."

"you're the beautiful one Luz Noceda." she admired. her face dusted with pink, glowing under the moonlight.