Realizing the Situation

I woke up in the same room, but this time I felt something around my wrists. They were itchy and they were wrapped tightly around my wrists. I opened my eyes and looked up at my wrists to see rope wrapped around them and tied to the headboard. 

   ' Oh, great. '

   " Glad to see you're awake. You'll see that it's a little harder to leave the room now. "

I looked towards the fireplace and saw Dio sitting in a chair with a mug in his left hand and a book in his right. He closed the book and set it on his lap as he looked at me. There was no smile on his face, but his expression was natural.

   " It could be easier if you untie me. "

   " That's why we did tie you. You escaped this room and got outside before the others even saw you leave. "

   " And? I have a stand what's stopping me from leaving? "

   " That would be why I'm here. You see I have a stand as well, you might have seen it before I knocked you out. It's called The World. My stand has a special ability that you can't escape from. So, I'm stationed to watch you until we figure out what to do with you. And I wish to talk to you, so if you could refrain cutting the ropes, that would be great, my dear. "

   " Talk about what exactly? "

   " About your situation. "

I shuffled on the bed and sat up straight. My eyes were on Dio, and he was focused on me. The fire that was lit beside him brightened up the whole room, but it also made him look more menacing. Half of his body was lit up by the fire but the other half was darkened by not being touched by the light. He leaned back in the chair and crossed his legs. He took a sip from the mug he was holding and adjusted the book to sit between his leg and the chair. 

   " You're here for a reason, you know that. It seems that one of my colleagues wants you dead. "

   " The one with pink hair? "

   " There are two with pink hair, but specifically the one with the spots. His name is Diavolo. His identity is supposed to be kept a secret from the world, but your friend Melina figured out who he was and why he wants to be hidden from the world. So, he started to target her, but when he broke into the house you were there instead of Melina. Of course, you saw him and that's why he's trying to kill you. No one is to know his identity but you do. "

   " But? "

   " But some of the others living here don't want you dead. They favor you and disagree with the idea of killing you. "

   " How many people live here exactly? "

   " Seven, including myself. "

   " How many of those seven want me alive? "

   " Two want you to live while, two want you dead, and then three of them don't care what happens to you. "

   " Do I know any of them? "

   " I'm not sure. I don't know who you know so I'm not sure how many people here you know. "

   " Then tell me their names. "

   " Fine. There's me, Kars, Wamuu, Esidisi, Yoshikage Kira, Vinegar Doppio, and Diavolo. "

   " I know all of them except three. So, those three must be the ones that don't care about if I live or die. That leaves you, Kira, Doppio, and Diavolo. Diavolo obviously wants me dead. Doppio I'm guessing wants me alive, and that leaves you and Kira. You're talking to me now instead of killing me, and I don't feel any evil intent, so you want me to live while Kira wants to kill me. "

   " Very smart. You are right. Kira and Diavolo want you dead, but Doppio and I disagree with it. "

   " Why does Kira want me dead? The only time I have talked with him was about Melina's house. Is it his murderous instinct? "

   " Something like that. You see, he has an obsession with hands. Specifically, women's hands. He likes to observe every ladies hands and when he finds one he likes, he targets her. Did you ever notice that him starring at your hands or intentionally trying to hold them? "

( Flashback )

Kira took the opportunity that wasn't really presented to him and held your hand. You looked at him curious about his movements. His hand felt cold against yours and it gave you some discomfort.

   " I'm sorry. "

   " It's nothing for you to apologize for. They're Melina's actions, not ours. "

You pulled your hand away and set your drink to the side.

-----------------------------------

I walked up to the table Kira sat at and pulled out a chair to sit. Doppio sat beside me. I greeted Kira and I took notice that he stared at my left hand more than my eyes.

   " Good morning Y/n. "

   " Good morning Kira. I hope you don't mind but I brought a friend along. "

( Flashback Over )

   " I have. "

   " Then he's taken a liking to your hands. Usually what he does is he kills his victims and steals their left hand. He keeps it for a while until it starts to rot and smell. Then he looks for a better hand. So he wants to kill you for his hand addiction. "

   " Alright. I understand why Diavolo wants to kill me and I guess Doppio wants me alive because he knows me? "

   " Yes, he appreciates and enjoys the friendship you both have, and he's trying to reason with Diavolo to not kill you. "

   " Then you-"

   " I want you alive. "

   " Hmm, You want me alive because-"

   " Because I care for you. "

   " Usually I would blush at words like those but I'm not at the moment. If you cared then why did you lie to me about living alone? Let me go and maybe I'll believe you. "

   " I lied because I did not want to reveal the others that stay here. "

   " Then why offer to have me stay with you if others live here? "

   " I own two homes. This one I split the pay with everyone and the second one is a small cottage farther away. I would have taken you there. "

   " Then what about letting me go? If you care about me then let me go. "

   " That one is beyond me. I cannot let you go because we are still discussing if you should live or not. To show I've cared for you while you've stayed here I've been communicating with Doppio that you should live. "

   " And what use would I have then? Surely when trying to convince them you've mentioned something positive about having me here besides my hands and keeping my mouth quiet. "

   " Leverage. The positive thing is that you are leverage. "

Dio stood up and grabbed his book. He put it back on the shelf and sat back down in the chair. He leaned his head on his palm and closed his eyes.

   " Now, I am very tired since the sun is coming up, but I have to keep watch of you. So, be a dear and don't move while I nap for a little while. "

   ' Is he that confident that I can't escape? What exactly does his stand do? All I remember was him appearing in front of me after blinking. Inhumane speed, maybe? I'll have to think about it while I'm stuck here. If I can figure out those who have stands and what they do. . .I might have an advantage. '