Long Night

I looked out of my window at the stars. They were twinkling brightly in the sky and I wanted to touch them. The temperature was cool but not cold enough to make the goosebumps on my arms stand up. I heard my door start to open and Josuke walked into the room.

   " Why are you still awake? "

   " I couldn't sleep, so I thought I would check on you. "

   " Cute. Well, come into the room. Don't just stand at the doorway. "

Josuke left the door and walked to the window I was standing at. He leaned against the railing beside me and poked his head out of the window.

   " Why couldn't you sleep? Something on your mind? "

   " Yeah, but I guess it's the same thing that's on everyone's mind. "

   " How much hairspray you use a day? "

   " No. "

   " How about how many cans of hairspray you own? "

   " Not that. " He said exaggerating his words.

   " Then, how many you buy a day? "

   " It's not that much! "

   " I beg to differ! I've been in your room, and there are ten cans of hairspray in there. There's also a receipt saying you bought them yesterday. Five of them are used up! "

   " Why were you in my room!? "

   " Because. "

   " Because? "

   " Because, and that's my reason. "

   " Awww, come on. There's a reason, that you're just to embarrassed to tell me. "

   " Exactly right, and we will keep it that way. I'm going to go for a walk so you go to bed and I don't mean in mine. Go to your own. "

I left the Josuke at the window, smiling, and I walked to my door. I left my room and walked to the stairs, going down them. As I went down I saw the light in the kitchen on. It was a small light, but it flooded into the hall. I walked to the kitchen and walked inside. I saw Giorno on the phone sitting at the counter with a chair. He looked up at me and held one finger up. I nodded and walked to the counter. When I got to the counter I sat on the countertop, waiting for Giorno to finish the phone call. 

   " Yes, that'll be fine. We can have a meeting on it later in the week. Everyone should be available for Thursday, right? Ok, grazie, Ci vediamo domani (Okay thank you, see you tomorrow). "

Giorno hung up the phone and placed it on the counter. He looked up at me with a tired smile.

   " Ah, amore mio, cosa ci fai così tardi? Dovresti essere a letto a riposare quel tuo bel viso. (Ah, my love, what are you doing up so late? You should be in bed resting that beautiful face of yours.) "

   " Non riuscivo a dormire. (Could not sleep.)"

   " Your Italian is getting better. "

   " Thanks. I've been practicing. I'm guessing you've had a long day. "

   " Yeah, I've been talking with my team about the ball coming up and getting everything set up for that. We're going to have a meeting later in the week about it. "

   " Who are you trying to catch? "

   " Someone, who is willing to kill their own daughter. It's the same man that's also been coming after you. You've seen him before and that's why he's coming after you. He doesn't want to leave any strings behind. "

   " That man with the pink hair. "

   " Pink hair? "

   " Yeah, he had long pink hair with black polka dots in the strands. "

   " I'll remember that, I'll tell the gang to keep a lookout for a muscular man with pink hair that had black spots in it. That should be the eye-catcher. "

   " Should be. I'll leave you be then. You need to get some sleep and rest. "

   " But how could I when I know you're awake? " Giorno said standing up from the chair. 

Giorno stood in front of me and placed one of his hands on my left side and the other on my right side. His face was close to mine and I felt a heat on my cheeks. 

   " You shouldn't be doing this. Should you? "

   " I shouldn't. But sometimes, more like all the time, you are just too cute."

   " Umm. . ."

   " Your face looks even cuter now, seeing the red tint on your cheeks. "

   " Giorno. . ." I warned.

   " Yes? Amore mio? "

I could feel his breath on my face, and the smirk on his lips didn't help. I knew I should have pushed him away, but I lost all of my words and strength. I slowly raised my hands and put them on his shoulders, pushing him a little.

   " The others will get mad. . .and I haven't made up my mind yet. "

   " I know, and that's why I'm not going to do anything, but this. "

He raised his hand and caressed my cheek before kissing my other cheek. His lips felt soft against my cheek and he pulled away. 

   " As the others have said, we will all give you time. Me included, but again, sometimes it's hard for me to restrain myself from holding you, and showering you with kisses. But I have restraint. "

   " Thanks? "

   " Goodnight amore mio. Make sure you get some sleep. " He said smiling and stepping away.

   " Goodnight Giorno. "

Giorno left the kitchen and I sat there looking at where he once stood. I smiled and shook my head standing from the counter. I walked out of the kitchen and headed towards the stairs. I walked up the stairs and I made it to my room. I opened the door, but when I opened it Josuke wasn't at the window anymore. Josuke was laying in my bed, and he looked to be asleep. The window was still open, and the breeze was blowing into the room. I walked to the window to shut it and when I grabbed the window I felt a pain in the back of my head. I didn't have any time to summon my stand before a second blow came and the world started swimming around me. I blinked and I was on the floor, with someone standing in front of me. I could only see his shoes before he picked me up. And then all I could see was the ground.