Friend?

You turned around to see a blonde man standing behind you. He had blonde wild hair and clothes similar to Jonathan's old style. 

   " Do you possibly have a car and some jumper cables I can borrow? "

   " I'm afraid not. I usually walk everywhere and enjoy my time around. "

   " Oh, great. "

   " Has your battery died on you? "

   " It has. I don't think it'll start again unless someone nearby is willing to let me use their car battery to jump mine. "

   " How far do you live from town? "

   " Not far. I just would rather drive there instead of walk. You never know what creeps are out at this time. "

   " You are cautious. "

   " I try to be. Thanks anyway for checking on me. "

   " Don't worry about it. Let me walk you home. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " If I wasn't why would I be asking? "

   " Alright then! Let me get my bag out of the back, lock my car and then we can go. "

He nodded, standing to the side, waiting for you. You opened the back seat and grabbed the bag of flour and sugar. You shut the door and locked your car. You turned back towards the man and started walking in the direction of your home.

   " Where is your home located? "

   " Do you know where the Joestars live? "

   " Unfortunately. "

   " I live across from them. Do you not like the Joestars? "

   " I do not. There have been many times where they have destroyed plans of mine and they claim I am a great evil. "

   " Are you? "

   " Would I be walking you home if I was? "

   " Point taken. I never got your name. "

   " Dio Brando. Yours? "

   " Y/n. "

   " The name fits well with your face. "

   " Thank you? "

   " What I mean is that your name is a beautiful one. "

   " Thank you, Dio. You are very kind to me. "

   " You have done nothing for me to be mean to you. "

   " Well, thank you. Where do you live Dio? Do you also live out of town or do you live in town? "

   " I live out of town. "

   " Where? "

   " A few houses down from the Joestars on the opposite end of where their house is facing. "

   " We're neighbors then! "

   " Where is your house positioned to their, again? "

   " My friend Melina lives directly across from them, but she had to go on a long trip for work so I'm watching over her house for a while. "

   " I see, it appears we are there then. "

You looked to your side and realized that you were indeed in front of your house. 

   " While you were talking about where it was I remembered early where you said and decided to ask you again. "

   " Why? "

   " Just to see if you remembered. "

   " Well, thank you for walking me home Dio. I appreciate it. "

   " Anytime. If you ever need me I'm a few houses down. "

   " Thank you." 

You walked up the driveway and entered your house. You set the flour and sugar to the side and turned on your TV for some entertainment.

   ' So, she's living in that house then? Maybe I can grab the stone mask one day if I can get her to trust me a bit more. ' Dio thought.

He smiled as he walked away. He knew why Melina left, but he didn't think she would leave someone to watch over the place. Melina was never a social type with neighbors but she knew as well as he did why she left. The reason for bringing you into the situation remained unanswered in his mind. 

   ' No matter. I'll still get what belongs to me. Even if I have to get inside by breaking a window. '