Oh My Chicken.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Check the vitals."

"Oxygen intake is normal."

"Heart rate is stable."

"Brain activity is normal."

"She's waking up."

Leo slowly opened her eyes hearing the unknown voices. Bright florescent lights flashed in her eyes making her squint. Her  head felt a bit heavy.

She looked around in confusion. There were several monitors beeping away, needles were piercing through her skin and there was an oxygen mask attached to her mouth.

She jumped when she felt someone caressing her hand. Her head snapped right to see a familiar face smiling through her tears.

"My baby," Leo's mother whimpered.

Dread filled Leo's heart. What kind of dream was she in? She was supposed to die. The image of Tom cradling her head in his lap was still fresh in her memory. She could remember her breath leaving her body. Then why was she dreaming of her own reality?

"Leona, baby, how do you feel?" Her mom asked once again.

Leo blinked slowly. Her throat felt dry.

"Mom?" She croaked. The said lady broke down in tears. Leo looked at her father who was standing right beside her mother.

"Welcome back, Leo," her father gave her a smile but she couldn't bring herself to return it.

"Back? Wh-where is Tom?" Her heartbeat increased and she started taking quick breaths.

Her parents looked at each other in confusion. Her mom squeezed her hand trying to calm her down but she snatched it away making the lady gasp loudly.

"Why am I h-here? Wh-where is he?!" She cried out, trying to get up from her bed.

"Leona, calm down. There is no one named Tom, dear. You must have dreamed about him," her father tried to explain but Leo only shook her head repeatedly in denial.

"N-no! You are not even my real parents. Th-this isn't real. I- I don't belong here,"  Leo whispered out the last bit of her sentence.

"Leona! What are you saying? You were in a coma for three months after your accident. Whatever you are saying must be your imagination!" Her mother cried out.

Leo's ears started ringing. She covered her ears trying to block out everything.

Her father started shouting for the doctor and her mother was sobbing loudly. Leo was hyperventilating. She had to clutch her hair tightly in order to block out her thoughts. But that didn't work for long.

She had to get back. She didn't finish what her real mission was. She couldn't even find out about her real father. She didn't even get to say goodbye to Tom.

Tom.

As cheesy as it sounded, she couldn't live without Tom. He was her anchor. He kept her on the ground. She needed him.

Leo felt several nurses and a doctor rush inside her room. Her parents were forced to leave. The nurses struggled to get a hold on her as she avoided their hands. When they couldn't control her, they forcefully grabbed her shoulders and pushed her down on the bed.