Until My Dying Breath

Letting her go was one of the hardest decisions of his life. Every instinct in his body was telling him to not let her get on that boat and keep her with him.

Now, he was supposed to go back to be The Winter Soldier. He has to go back and let them turn him into a mindless killing machine.

He can't bring himself to regret the decision though. He will take all the torcher in the world if it means that the love of his life is safe. She has always meant more to him than himself.

He would consider himself a pretty selfish man but with her, he could never be selfish.

He can take the pain that Hydra is going to put him through but the part he dreads is forgetting her again.

He hopes that he is strong enough to remember her even when they put him through the machine.

He remembers the kiss and how good it felt. He felt such euphoria at a simple touch of her lips. She was a blinding light in the darkness that his life had become. He would give anything to have her again.

He knows she has kids and a husband and she's happy but oh he he wishes it was him she was coming home to. He wishes that it was his ring that she wore on her finger. He wishes it was his kids that she bore and raised.

He can almost imagine it for a second. He hasn't forgotten that one of the twins actually looked like him. He doesn't know how or why but he does.

It makes it all too simple to place himself into that life. He closes his eyes and lets himself dream of her.

He dreams of coming home to the little country house after working at the gym. He can hear the pitter patter of little feet across the floor.

"Daddy!" JJ says as he turns the corner.

He looks to be about five in this dream and just like him.

He reaches down and picks JJ up and places him on his hip.

"How was your day today?" He says.

"Good! We learn numbers," he says.

He begins to trace numbers in the air and Bucky cheers for him when he reaches ten.

"Very good, Jay. Where is that brother of yours at?" Bucky asks.

"Here daddy!" Steven yells.

He runs into Bucky's side and he picks up Steven and places him on his other hip.

"And how was your day, bud?" He asks.

"Alice Mitchell kissed Steven on the cheek," JJ says scandalously.

Steven gets incredibly red in the face. Bucky wants to bust out laughing but he knows his son wouldn't appreciate that.

"Really?" Bucky says.

"It's true but girls are gross though," Steven says with a dramatic sigh.

It looks like Steven is already getting all the girls' attention. He wonders how the twins are going to handle dating when they are older? He knows that they are both quite handsome. No matter what, he knows Lizzie will never think any girl is good enough for them.

"All girls except your mother," Bucky says.

Just then, Lizzie walks into the room.

"What were you saying?" She asks.

She walks up to them and places a kiss to Bucky's lips.

"Just how every other female pales in comparison to my lovely wife," he says.