You Can Just Stay Here

A/N: The following chapters will not follow the events of Agent Carter. I'm sorry to anyone who may have been looking forward to that storyline.

Lizzie gets up early the next day. When she first wakes, she forgets for a moment about the events of yesterday. When she does remember, her grief hits her like a truck.

Usually, she would bury this pain in her work but the hospital demanded she take some time off after she literally passed out on the job from exhaustion.

Then she remembers her guest. She's glad Peggy is here because she doesn't want to be alone and let the depression suck her under. She knows Peggy can't stay forever but maybe she can convince her to stick around a couple days.

Lizzie heads down to the kitchen to start on breakfast. She decides to make pancakes and eggs. It's nothing special but she hopes that Peggy is alright with it.

After another half hour, Peggy wakes up to the smell of food cooking downstairs. She dresses in the outfit that Lizzie let her borrow and goes downstairs.

She heads to the kitchen to see Lizzie cooking at the stove.

"Good morning, Elizabeth," Peggy says.

Lizzie looks over and gives a small that looks like it takes all her energy to conjure.

"Good morning, Peggy. Also, you don't have to call me Elizabeth. Call me..." Lizzie trails off.

Lizzie trails off because the name Lizzie is connected to Steve. Other than Rebecca, everyone else she knows calls her Elizabeth.

"Actually, I guess just call me Elizabeth. Steve called me Lizzie and I don't know if I'm ready to hear myself be called Lizzie everyday again," Lizzie says.

Peggy feels for the girl because it must be difficult to think of her dead brother every time she hears her nickname.

"How about Ellie?" Peggy asks.

Peggy instantly sees the panic on Lizzie's face.

"No! Not Ellie, Jaime called me Ellie," she says.

Peggy assumes that Jaime refers to Barnes. The girl is terrified of her own name.

"Beth?" Peggy asks.

Beth is safe. The only time she went by Beth was when she was waitressing.

She gives Peggy a slight nod to confirm that that name is okay.

"I'll call you Beth then until you are ready to be Lizzie again," Peggy says.

"Thank you," Lizzie whispers.

The pair stand in silence for a moment before Lizzie remembers her manners.

"Oh, go ahead and sit down. I'm almost done with breakfast. Do you drink coffee?" Lizzie asks.

"Coffee would be lovely, thank you," Peggy says.

Lizzie pours her a cup and sets it in front of her at the table. She soon finishes the food and sets a plate in front of her as well.