No Good-byes

⚠️Trigger Warning.⚠️

       [Slight mention of self harm, suicide and sexual harassment. I have inserted (*) where you can skip if you want. Reader's discretion adviced.]

A

t first, everything was hazy. The darkroom, an unbearable smell and indistinct screams were all that Leo could sense.

She felt weak.

It took a lot of effort to just move her head around in order to figure out where she was. Her brain felt like jelly. Nothing was making sense to her.

She laid on the cold ground helplessly. It was hard to breathe without inhaling the rotting smell. She licked her chapped lips and tried to swallow the dryness of her throat.

A few moments of confusion passed by. She only blinked until her eyes adjusted to her surroundings. After some struggle, she managed to sit up and lean her body against a stone wall.

The iron bars and dimly lit corridor was enough for her to understand that she was trapped in the dungeons.

But where? Who would want to make her a prisoner?

There were other prison cells around her. She could tell that other prisoners were getting tortured. That couldn't be good.

When she tried to move forward, she realised her hands and legs were tied up.

Finally, she remembered what had happened. She was kidnapped by Grindelwald's followers. She was his prisoner. He wanted her or rather her powers.

She needed to find an escape.

She looked around trying to find anything that would help her. There was no window, only the iron bars in front of her.

The cell was very dirty. There was a small sink with water leaking from it. The floors were mouldy and there were some dark stains on them. Leo didn't even want to find out what it was.

There was no escape unless someone opened the gate for her. She knew she could take down a few witches and wizards but Grindelwald had far more followers than that.

On the other hand, her hands were bounded by those metal cuffs.

She had figured out what they were. Those cuffs were the same as that necklace she used to wear all the time. The cuffs were draining out her magic.

Leo had to bite her tongue to keep calm. She was slowly realising that there might be no escape. She would have to die in the hands of Grindelwald. That was her fate. She just hoped that she had at least saved Tom Riddle Sr.

Her thoughts were interrupted when someone opened the iron gate of her prison cell. Her head snapped up to see two men holding another person between them whose head was hanging low.

"You are lucky we found her, boy," one of the men said in disappointment.

"Yeah. But don't be too happy. We can kill you once Grindelwald is done with her," another one cackled like a maniac before shoving the said boy inside her cell. They locked the gate immediately after, making Leo frown.

As soon as they left, Leo shifted her gaze towards the new arrival. Right when the boy turned around to face her, both of them froze in their places.

Leo couldn't believe her eyes. The sound of water droplets hitting the floor grew louder. Her head buzzed with confusion. She was so shocked that she even forgot how to breathe.

A tear slipped from Leo's eyes without her even knowing.

"Tom," her voice was almost inaudible. Tom looked nothing like the Tom she knew. His hair was all dusty and messy. He was hunching and his eyes looked sunken.