Pierson: So you're good, huh?

Zussman: I'm just fine and dandy, sir.

Pierson: You got guts, Private. I just don't want to see them.

We walks away to join Turner.

Nathan: What an asshole.

We climb onto the tank. I get onto the front by the cannon, next to Zussman.

Perez: I think Pierson likes you.

Zussman: Ha, like a lion likes a steak.

Perez: Let's go! Let's go!

The armada begins to roll out. Zussman turns to me.

Zussman: You holding up alright?

Nathan: Yeah, how 'bout yourself?

Zussman: Couldn't let you boys have all the fun for yourselves.

Perez: Eh, funs not allowed under Pierson. You know why he's always riding you? Kasserine Pass.

Aiello: Lost my best friends there.

My min immediately flashes to Arthur. They never were able to get back much of his body.

Perez: Yeah, earned him an Article 15 and a demotion. He had to be a hard ass and his men payed the price. The mission was FUBAR, a massacre.

Nathan: Yeah. I still have that condolence letter from the General.

I mumble under my breath, not sure if they even heard me.

Perez: That Nazis had no mercy. Hell, we only escaped because they didn't have time to seel the western exit. Almost lost everything thanks to that son of a bitch. And Turner still ain't over it. Matter of fact, he was the one that wrote him up. Pierson figures that if he makes you a model platoon, he'll get it scrubbed.

Nathan: Only we're the ones doin' the scrubbing.

Perez: Heh, yeah. Now you're gettin' it.

He chuckles.

Perez: It's why he's never gonna give up. He'd kill to have it removed.

Aiello: Do you know what I'd kill for? Same decent grub.

Stiles: You just had supper.

Aiello: Hey, shit on a shingle doesn't count.

The tank roll up near a couple of dead Krauts that are burning.

Perez: How 'bout barbeque, eh?

Stiles: They never stood a chance.

Nathan: I'm guessing that's a 'no' to the open casket.

Daniels: Hey, that's somebody's son.

Nathan: And how many sons did we lose on Omaha, Red?

He goes quiet after and nobody else speaks. We continue on the road but I hear something coming.

Stiles: You guys hear that?

Nathan: Stukas!

Perez: Inbound! Clear the tanks!

We hop off the tanks after the Stukas made their run.

Turner: Get off the road! We'll circle around! Move!

We start booking it to cover.

Turner: We have to protect our Sherman's.

Explosions go off in the distance.

Turner: That's flak fire in the distance. We're gonna capture one of their AA guns to bring down those Stukas!

Gunfire picks up and there's Krauts all in front of us. An MG is in the barn, unloading down on our position.

Turner: I need teams to flank them! Left and right! Go! Go!

I flank right with a few others. I nail a Kraut in the face with my M1.

Nathan: Bullseye!

Soldier: That's one last Jerry to worry about!

We move forward, taking down more Krauts. We push into the barn, moving to the second floor and silencing the MG.

Turner: Push into the field! We need to rally with our tanks!

Pierson: Spread out!

A space out, taking down more Germans in the small hayfield. I'm almost out of ammo and I toss my Garand, grabbing a Grease gun off from one of our guys laying dead on the ground. I grab extra magizines he was thankfully carrying and start to engage once more.

Pierson: Keep pushing! They're on the run!

We push them out of the field and into a wooded area, taking the rest out. Just last the treeline, is the AA gun.

Pierson: There's he flak gun! We're getting close!

Turner: Armor needs our support! We gotta take that AA gun behind the treeline!

We push in and engage the Krauts who are defending the flak gun with everything they got. We take out about a dozen Krauts before there's none left.

Turner: Someone, get on that AA gun and take out those Stukas!

Nathan: Yes sir!

I climb onto the flak gun and sit in the seat and crack the machine, getting it to move around so I can aim. The telltale soun of Stukas come.

Daniels: Here they come!

Turner: 2 o'clock!

I fire the flak gun in that direction, taking out a Stuka.

Zussman: Nice shit, Nathan!

The German radio next to the flak gun starts blaring. I only understand a bit of it.

Aiello: Guy on the radio sounds pissed! Krauts don't know what's hittin' 'em.

Zussman: More coming in!

I bring down four more Stukas from the sky and they crash in the field behind us.

Nathan: Yeah! Is that all you got!?

Turner: That's all of them. Good job, Nathan.

I hop off the flak gun, readying my rifle for what's about to come.