Chapter Two

❤︎

Chapter Two

After hooking an arm around the woman, Kongpob turned around and they both began to make their way towards Arthit in the dining room.

Immediately, Arthit's mouth dropped open in shock. Tears filled his eyes the moment he recognized the woman Kongpob was with.

His sister.

Still recovering from the shock of who exactly he was seeing, Arthit decided to place an invisibility spell over himself to prevent the couple from seeing him. Wiping at the tears that stained his pale cheeks, he stood watching them like a dumbfounded dummy as they made their way to their places behind the dinner table.

Kongpob Suthiluck was looking happier than earlier, wearing a pair of cream-colored slacks, along with a v-neck sweater overtop a crisp white button-downed shirt. His face lit up like a lantern, revealing a happier and handsome side to him. Arthit never thought a man was capable of looking so happy considering he was on the verge of suicide. The wide smile adorning his face was genuine.

The pretty young woman dressed in miniskirt with an off-the-shoulder white short sleeved shirt seated across from him, was the reason why Kongpob smiled.

Arthit moved to stand behind Kongpob so that she could see his sister's face more clearly. His sister, May Rojnapat, used to be plain and average looking girl who never liked to dress up. Now, Arthit barely recognized her anymore. She was dressed to impress, stylish and expensive. Arthit marveled at how May's eyes were much softer now, her smile much warmer and her aura oozed with charm. 

Arthit had always admired how May saw the world full of opportunities, never ceasing to grasp them.

"May, I've missed you," he whispered softly. "Do you miss me?"

That sparked his curiosity. Where has his sister been all that time? Was he aware of Arthit's death? And more importantly, was she really dating Kongpob Suthiluck?

May giggled at Kongpob's joke, unaware that her younger brother was watching her. She swept aside her long silky hair, and cast Kongpob another dashing smile. Her big brown eyes were magnetic; they had the ability to draw in any person in sight. Placing an eloquent hand on top of Kongpob's hand, she asked with a smile, "Kongpob, did you cook our dinner?"

Kongpob was in the process of drinking his water when he nearly choked at her words. He coughed and nodded his head in response while wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Yes, I did prepare us dinner."

Arthit's eyes widened at that. That jerk-face liar!

May leaned forward with interest. "What did you cook for us?" she asked teasingly.

Placing a hand on his hip, Arthit waited patiently for Kongpob's answer. Yeah, tell her, you liar, what did you cook!?

Kongpob gave May an underlying smile and took another sip of his water before answering, "It's a surprise." He moved off his chair to pop open the bottle of expensive wine. "Shall we drink before I retrieve our dinner?"

May held out her glass. "Gladly."

They clinked glasses and took a sip of their wines, before Kongpob parted into the kitchen. Arthit decided to follow him. He was in the kitchen, searching for the food when Arthit went to stand directly behind him and made himself visible again. "Looking for something?" he asked, over Kongpob's shoulder.

Kongpob jumped and spun around, startled by his presence. "Hey! What's wrong with you!? Quit sneaking around like that!"

Arthit didn't feel the need to apologize, but he was pretty certain that was what Kongpob wanted to hear. "I'm sorry." He said dishonestly.

"Where's the food?"

"Food?" Arthit said, pretending to play clueless. Rolling his eyes, he pretended to think about it for a second before smacking his forehead. "Oops! I forgot about it," he lied in a sarcastic tone, blinking innocently.

Kongpob looked enraged when he demanded, "What?"

"Just kidding," Arthit said, lifting the invisibility spell off the food placed on the table. "It's on the table."

Kongpob turned and blinked at the table in front of him, shaking his head in disbelief. "Funny, because when I entered, I saw nothing on the table."

That's right. There was nothing. Arthit gave him a smirk. "Had a little too much to drink, already huh?"

Kongpob ignored him as he made his way toward the table, picking up the tray of food and proceeded outside.

"Selfish bastard," Arthit scoffed after him.

"Harboring a crush already?" the voice over his shoulder asked.