monster

I open my eyes once Stiles taps me when we stop moving and arrive. I fell asleep again to get more rest after the Liam incident. He raises his eyebrows, asking if I'm okay and I nod.

"I can't believe I did it." Liam scoffs. "Before Myla stepped in I thought I was going to rip all of you apart; or at least you two." Liam points at the two boys.

Stiles nods. "Yeah. That would've made for an awkward ride home. So, uh, thanks."

I lean towards him. "Do you think you'll be able to have the same control and strength in there?" Liam responds by being able to bring out his claws easily and not wolfing out doing it.

Stiles seems impressed. "All right. We might be able to actually do this."

I look at Stiles while Derek gets up to open the door. "You thought we couldn't?"

"Well I don't know." He mumbles back.

Before we knew it, gun shots were loud next to us and Stiles grabs me, attempting to protect me. We look outside seeing that Derek had been attacked by a Berserker and Braeden scared it off the only way she knew how. We climb out, looking at what happened. Braeden couches by Derek, seeing that his wounds are bad. She whips her head towards me. "Hey, you! Can't you heal people or something?"

I nod quickly and rush over. Once I start going for his wound, he grabs my hands. "Don't. Don't waste your energy on me. Use it to save Scott." I don't answer him, I just shake his hands of my wrist and out mine on his wounds. I start using my power, but it looks as if his body was deflecting it. The only other time I've ever tried to heal a supernatural was Brett, and it didn't work for him either.

I stand, not knowing what to do. "Something is deflecting my power. I can't heal him. I'm sorry Derek."

I feel as if I am about to cry because I don't want to be the reason he dies. Stiles quickly rushes to me. "It's not your fault okay? Don't blame yourself." I nod, trying to tell myself that.

"Don't wait up." Derek yells out. "We'll be right behind you, just go!"

Peter, Malia, and Liam run inside, Stiles was about to til he saw me not moving and staring at Derek. It's my fault he's not running in there with us. It's my fault that Braeden now is freaking out about losing him.

"Myla," Derek groans, "it's not your fault. Now go save your brother."

Stiles grabs my arm and pulls lightly, urging me to follow and I do, running into the church from hell.

After running for awhile, Peter finally stops us all. "We need to figure out where we are to help Scott and Kira."

Suddenly Stiles phone starts to vibrate. He pulls it out to see his dad calling him. He glances at me and starts to walk away from the group. "How the hell do I have service? Hi, Dad. Okay, Dad, I know you're angry."

I can hear the anger in Noah's voice. "Oh, I'm beyond angry. I've reached a level of fury that you could not possibly understand."

"Okay, we'll, when I get back you can ground me." Stiles suggests.

Noah Stilinski's voice still has anger in it. "Ground you? Ground you? I am going to hobble you!" There was a slight pause and change of tone. "Now please, tell me you're alright. Tell me that you're safe. What can I do?"

"Um," Stiles thinks, "find Lydia and Mason. Lydia was at the school and wouldn't answer any calls or texts so we asked Mason to look for her and now we're not hearing back from either of them. And if it's a Berserker, you'll need a lot of firepower. Okay I got to go, bye." Stiles comes back to the group after he's done with the call.

"What do we do now?" Liam asks. I look at him, not knowing the answer until I see a figure winding up behind him. Before I could say anything, I grab his head and push it down, causing the Berserker to hit the wall. All of us start running, trying to escape him. We get into a grand room and everyone slows down.

Malia tossed Kira's sword to Stiles. "Go find Kira and Scott. We'll hold them off."

Stiles looks at me not wanting to leave me. "Go!" I yell and he nods, running down the hallway.

I turn around after hearing some growling, and I see a Berserker, ready to strike. I hold my hands out to my sides, purple mist surrounding them. Everyone starts attacking the Berserker, me throwing a few purple energy orbs.

Everyone attacks it from a different angle and we finally pin it to the wall. Peter grabs its spear and throws it Malia. "Aim for the skull! Kill it!"

Stiles runs towards us with Kira. "Malia stop! It's Scott! It's Scott!" Before I could stop Malia, Kira uses her sword and cuts the spear.

Once everyone realizes it's Scott, we loosen the grip so he breaks free. He throws Liam across the room and punches Malia to the floor. He starts to corner Liam even though everyone is yelling at him to stop.

Stiles steps up, hoping he can break through to his friend. "Scott please stop-" Stiles is cut off by Scott punching him to the floor. I rush over, helping him stand. "You need to get through to him. He'll kill us if we don't."

I nod and stand watching as Scott pins Liam to the wall. I swipe my hand, throwing Scott off of Liam. Using my left hand, I pin Scott to the wall with my power. I look through the mask, seeing his eyes, Scott's eyes.

"Scott." I whisper. "This isn't you. You wouldn't hurt anyone." He pushes back on my power. I place my right hand on the animal skull covering his face, allowing my purple mist to surround my hand. The skull starts to crack- a golden glow seeping through. The Berserker side pushes again, it's strength starting to beat my power but I keep pushing.

Suddenly I feel a swipe on my side; the Berserker claws piercing my skin. It keeps swiping, making me feel weaker and weaker with each one.

"Myla!" Stiles's voice cracks and I could hear him being held back by someone.

"Scott." I say again. "Scott stop. This isn't you! You're not a monster! You're my brother!" I almost had the skull completely broken when he pushes me to cold ground. I feel Liam grab under my arms and drag me to sit up against the wall and he sits next to me. I watch as Scott starts ripping off everything thing off his arms and body until the skull mask is the only thing left. He grabs both sides and pulls, finishing the job I started. He roars as the mask drops to the ground.