shower

"So, the Walcott's were the first. Or at least the first we know of. Four murders: Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. Then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine. Next was Demarco, he delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. He then got decapitated outside his car." I close my eyes, remembering myself finding the body before Stiles Stilinski continues. "Then finally, last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson."

"It's a dead pool." I admit.

Scott looks at me. "A hit list of supernatural creatures. This is only part of it, the rest still has to be decoded." Scott slides the printed copy of the dead pool to Sheriff Noah Stilinski.

He reads it over quickly. "Who found this list?"

"Lydia." I answer.

"How?" Noah asks.

"Uh she wrote it." Stiles starts. "Actually she transcribed it without even realizing it. Banshee."

"So your pack is on here, except you and Malia?." Noah looks at me. "Why's that?"

Scott sighs. "We don't know. Maybe no one else knows about it but us, or she's on the other part."

"Okay, I can see that." He looks back at the paper. "What are these numbers behind the names?"

"We're getting to that." Stiles says. "But first, you need to know that the code was broken by a cipher key."

"Like a key word?"

"A name actually." I say. "Allison." There was a slight pause, no one wanting to touch the subject of Allison again.

Stiles interrupted the silence. "Her name broke a third of the list, half dead already. We think there's two more cipher keys which will give us the rest."

"Lydia has been at the lake house all week, trying to get the other keys."

Noah looks through the crime scene photos. "Did you know about Demarco or Carrie?" Noah takes the silence as an answer. "What about the other two names, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town? Are they werewolves?"

"We don't know." Scott admits. "Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernaturals here."

"As in Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County? Beacon Hills' population is only 30,000." Noah says.

"And dropping." Stiles stabs.

"But Beacon County is 500,000 people. How many supernatural are we talking about?" No one speaks. "What if the next cipher doesn't uncover 12 but like 100?"

"That's what the numbers are for. We believe all of the number will add up to 117." Scott explains.

Noah scrunches his eyebrows. "117?"

I go up to my tiptoes then back to my heels. "Million. Stolen from the Hale vault. The money is financing this dead pool. And it was stolen by someone who wants every supernatural dead. The Benefactor."

Noah sighs. "One more thing. How did the assassin know that Demarco was going to be at the lake house?"

"Everyone knows that he delivers kegs to teenagers for extra cash." Scott explains.

"So whoever ordered that keg killed Demarco." Noah explains.

"Yeah, it was someone at the party. A student." Stiles says.

I stood by my locker, waiting for lunch to start. "Scott!" I shout as I see my brother walk through the halls. "Find anything?" I ask trying to match my pace with his.