sophomore

"Scott! Scott!" I open my eyes to the sound of Stiles's voice. Everything was blurry, but I could still see shapes. I could hear Stiles bang on the door. "Scott open the door! There in there with you! It's in a jar!" I could hear banging and sobbing in the other side. "Please Scott! I can't lose you or her. Please!" More banging. "Scott!" Suddenly it stops. Everything is quiet and nice. Pain was everywhere in my body, and it was killing me. The quiet was somewhat calming. I blink, and all I see is Stiles running to me. I grab his arm watching purple enter his skin as I close my eyes.

~~

"Myla honey, wake up." I jolt awake breathing heavy, sitting up in the process. "Hey, you were in some slumber. I've been trying to wake you up for 10 minutes." Dad brushed my hair off my sweaty forehead.

"I had a weird dream." I say rubbing my eyes.

Dad gets up and looks at me. "You must've, you are all sweaty. But, breakfast is on the table. I have to go to work and I filled your car up with gas. Have a great first day if sophomore year!"

I sigh and rub my head. "Thanks Dad."

I get up to pick out an outfit when my laptop started ringing. On the screen was a picture of my brother Scott with his name above it. I smile and accept the call.

"Hey sophomore!" He beams.

"Hi fellow sophomore." I smile. "Are you excited?"

"Yeah definitely. Stiles will be here soon to pick me up, I just wanted to say hi." Scott laughs.

I think back to my vivid dream with Stiles with long hair. "Has Stiles grown out his hair yet?"

Scott laughs. "No, but he's definitely thinking about it. Look I got to go, hopefully I'll talk to you soon. Bye Myla."

"Bye Scotty." I smile until the screen goes black. My smile fades, knowing I haven't seen him in a year.

I quickly get dressed into a lavender crop top with black leggings and white Vans to finish it. I straighten my hair before I go downstairs, eating the jelly toast Dad made for me before he left for work. I grab my backpack, making my way to school.

As I park my black Audi underneath the shaded parking and I quickly head into Roosevelt High School. The hallways weren't really that packed, and I purposely came early to avoid a certain person.

"Myla McCall!" My name was called out and I close my eyes, wishing I came even earlier to school. I turn around to see the one and only Tayden Dell.

"Hi Tayden." I fake smile and start walking to class.

Tayden jogs up to me and matches my pace. "What happened last night? You said we would meet at the movie theater for our date, which was weird to begin with since we're neighbors, and then when you didn't show, I came to your house and your dad said you were sleeping."

"My dad said no. He took my phone so I couldn't text you. And I wasn't sleeping, that's just what my dad would say to make you go away. I saw you in the window." I lie very easily, and everyone always believes me.

Tayden sighs. "Okay fine. But you owe me!" He starts walking the opposite direction so he could get to his class.

Tayden and I have been in the talking stage the entire summer. We got really close our freshman year and decided to stay friends, but even though we made out in the back of his mom's car, we still haven't technically started dating. The thing is, I'm not sure if I even want to. The guy I really like lives in Beacon Hills, not here in Fresno.

I plop in my seat in English class next to my best friend, Logan Pierce. Even though she had a boy name, she definitely never acted like one. She's a girly girl. She curls her hair every morning, and dresses in the latest fashions. I've never seen her wear a sweatshirt or sweatpants in public before. I have no idea how we became friends.

Logan turns to me with a smile. "Did Principal Dean sign off on it?"

I glance over at her peppy self. "No, he won't make a lacrosse team."

Logan's leg bounces as if that wasn't the question she really wanted to ask. I look over at her and roll my eyes. "Speak."

She squeals. "How did it go?"

I swipe my straight hair off my shoulder. "I didn't go."

Logan's face drops and she backhands my arm. "Myla! You have the hottest guy in this school swooning over you and you didn't go on your date? What's wrong with you?"

I sigh. "My dad doesn't even know we're friends. All he knows is that there's a boy in my grade next door."

Logan goes silent for a moment, processing my words. "You've been talking, I mean basically dating, him for over four months and you haven't told Matthew about him?"

"You shouldn't be talking Logan. You didn't tell Ian about you and Noah. He found out after he found you two having sex in your car. And that was two months into dating." I slump into my chair. "Besides, maybe it was just a summer thing." The events on my dream felt so real, and I know how I feel about Stiles Stilinski back in Beacon Hills.

Logan tried to keep arguing, but our teacher started class, so she didn't get the time. We were just watching Romeo and Juliet, since we already finished the book.

"Myla!" I jolt up hearing the voice of Stiles Stilinski in my head. I had started to doze off before his voice came to my head and I look around, and no one seemed to hear it. "Myla! Can you hear me?" His voice was clear in my head.

I quickly shoot my hand up in the air. "May I use the bathroom?" Once the teacher nods, I grab my backpack and rush out the class. I find a storage closet and sit in it, locking the door behind me.

I'm going crazy right? Definitely crazy.

"Myla!" His voice rang in my head. I tried to respond in my head but couldn't. Stiles is in my head, but how?