lake house

"You threw him across your yard?" Lydia Martin asks, fascinated.

I sigh. "Yeah. Don't remind me. It was an accident. I was- emotional." She looks at me and I roll my eyes. "Did you get the keys to the lake house?" I change the subject.

She gives me a little glare. "I see what you're doing, changing the subject. But yes, yes I did."

"I don't even know why I go. It's basically sit in the house while Malia screams her head off." We stop at my locker, grabbing my textbook.

Lydia smiles. "Well you're in luck because Liam will be there too."

I look over her shoulder and notice Liam staring at me from his locker. I shake it off and look at my best friend. "Who's cares about him? At least we will have the whole night to talk and have wine." I smile.

Lydia puts her lips into a thin line. "What do we have to talk about?"

I close my locker and turn to her. "Blue light party."

Lydia opens her mouth but was interrupted by my brother. "Hey, group meeting by the busses."

I stand between my brother and Lydia as our group talks about Liam. Stiles stood across from me and next to Malia, staring at me. "We're going to use the boathouse for Liam. It has support beams that we can chain him to." Scott explains.

I close my eyes, realizing how terrible this really is. "How are we getting him to the lake house? He doesn't trust us." Kira asks.

"I say if it keeps him from murdering someone, we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake." Stiles suggests.

"I'm in." Malia raises her hand.

I make a face of disgust. "Of course you are. Anything to kill someone. But we're not, we're not killing him or kidnapping him. Let's be smart. Let's invite him to a party."

Stiles scoffs. "So you're going to ask out a freshman?"

I cross my arms. "Yeah, yeah I am. You have a problem with that?" Stiles opens his mouth but closes it quickly and looks down. I walk away from the group, heading into school. I walk the hallways, looking for a familiar face of Liam. I go to my locker to not seem so suspicious, opening it for no reason. But instead of me going up to him, he scares me by popping up at my locker. "Liam!" I yell in fright.

"Look I'm sorry for being rude in your house and punching your boyfriend." Liam apologizes.

"Liam, he's not my boyfriend." I correct. "And you shouldn't be sorry, they were jerks. I would've done the same."

"He's not? By the way you were looking at him and then after I broke the chair, he stood not to stop me, but it seemed as if he stood to defend you." Liam shifted his weight.

I pause, thinking about the events. Stiles did step towards me, but I didn't think he was doing it to defend me. "Well he's not, okay? He's just my brother's best friend."

"Oh, so you're not taken?" Liam face turns red.

"Not at all." I close my locker. "Do you want to go to a party?" I smile, Liam Dunbar returning it.

I drive my car to the lake house, Liam Dunbar in my passenger seat. He had dressed up up a bit for the party along with me. I wore a simple red flowing dress with my dark brown hair curled. I had the radio playing softly as I spoke. "It's at Lydia Martin's lake house. It's really nice."

Liam looked to be in pain or discomfort as I talked. Everything must be loud. "Can- can you turn the music down?" Liam asks. I look at the screen and see that the volume was only at five. After a few seconds he looked relieved. "Actually it's fine." His phone vibrates and he digs in his pocket to reply to the message. "Um who did you say was all coming to the party?"

"Um, quite a few people." I say, not knowing what to say whatsoever.

The car went silent for a few minutes as I bobbed my head to the music. I look over at Liam, seeing him breathe heavily from the moon. My phone vibrates and I check it seeing a text from Scott.

Scott
Be careful. He got kicked out of his old school for extreme anger issues.

I swallow, nervous about his changing. We pull into the driveway, only two cars with it. We step out and Liam looked around confused. "Where is everyone?"

"Um, I'm friends with Lydia, so we are early. They will be here soon." I lie and he nods. We walk in and Liam stops, seeing Scott, Kira, Lydia, Malia, and Stiles lined up, waiting. He looks back at me and I give him a sympathetic smile. "Sorry." I whisper.

"What the hell is this?" Liam asks.

Stiles speaks up. "Think of it like an intervention. You have a problem, Liam."

Scott steps forward. "And we're the only ones that can help. Look, you are supernatural. And almost all of us are." Scott looks at me and I shake my head, telling my brother not to tell Liam about me. "Look, I'm a werewolf," Scott points at Lydia, "she's a Banshee," then Malia, "werecoyote," and finally to Kira, "and she's a fox."

Liam points to Stiles. "And what are you?"

Stiles scratches his head. "Um, for a little while I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil."

"What are you now?"

Stiles didn't know what to say. "Better? Um.."

Liam turns to me. "You?"

"Normal." I smile and he looks back to the group.

"Are those for me?" Liam motions to the shackles on the table.

"No," Malia pipes in, "they're for me." She flashes her blue eyes.

Liam starts to panic. "How did you do that?"

"You'll learn. But first you need to get through the full moon. And you're feeling it." Scott says calmly.

But Liam just kept panicking and getting angry. "I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nut jobs. You guys are out of your freaking minds." Liam starts to raise his voice. "I don't know how you did that eye thing but I don't care. I'm walking out the door right now! If any of you try to stop me, I swear to God, I'm gonna..." Liam stops and starts to yell, covering his ears.

"What's wrong Liam?" I ask.

"You guys don't hear that?" Suddenly lights shine through the windows as cars pile into the driveway.

"Shit." I mumble. "Everyone is here. He invited everyone."

Liam roars with his yellow eyes and sharp teeth, signaling to throw him into the boathouse.