breakdown

~~

I haven't heard his voice in weeks, sometimes I would think I hear it, but probably didn't. I've been paranoid all the time, awaiting to come back into sanity. Logan has been getting worried and she definitely should be, because I have no idea what's going on anymore. Tayden has been stopping over every day this week, due to me not being present in any of my classes. Dad hasn't figured out I've been skipping, he apparently caught a case in LA and hasn't been home in two weeks.

I look up at my boring white ceiling, I haven't showered in a week, and haven't changed my clothes in three days. My phones buzzes and I look at it.

Logan
I'm coming over today because I'm really worried about you.

I put my phone back on my nightstand and continue to look at my ceiling. "Hey Myla. I hope you can hear me." Stiles's voice came in my head once again. "We stopped the dead pool, so you can wake up now." As tears pool into my eyes, I look to my right, seeing an image of Stiles in a purple mist. But he doesn't have this baby face and buzz cut I remember, he looks more mature and his hair has grown.

"Stiles? Is that you?" I ask out loud, thinking that maybe he'll hear me this time.

His body turned into shock. "Myla? Myla can you hear me?"

"Yes?" I reply.

Even though he was only a faint mist, I could see the tears fall down his face. "Can you please wake up? Why won't you wake up?"

His word confuse me, even though I didn't think that could happen. "I am awake. I'm in my bed in Fresno. I just started sophomore year."

"Myla, you're a junior." Stiles states. As even more confusion washes over me, Stiles turns around to talk to someone, but I couldn't hear. "Myla? Are you still there?"

"Yes, yeah I'm here."

"You need to find me. Can you do that?" Stiles pleads.

I was taken back. "How- how do I do that?"

"Do you remember the animal clinic where Scott got his first job? Go there. I'm there." After he said those words, the mist blows away and he vanishes.

What the hell is happening to me?

Banging on my front door jolts me from my daze. I lay back down, questioning my sanity. Suddenly an image emerges from my door. Logan Pierce. She rushes over to me and Tayden Dell follows her.

"Holy shit Myla, what the hell happened?" Logan wipes my tears and sits me up while I stay in a stare. "This is so much worse than I thought." Logan mumbles to herself. "Myla? Myla can you hear me?"

"I thought she was just sick." Tayden says while he sits on the foot of my bed. He had a container in his hand, most likely soup. "I didn't think she was having a mental breakdown."

Logan looks at him. "Did she have any symptoms of one of these before? Anything?"

Tayden looks baffled. "No. The only weird thing that happened was that she skipped our date and avoided me at school the next day. Although I did hear a rumor she locked herself in a closet during first period and didn't come out until a janitor went in after school."

Logan looks back at me. "She said she was just going to the bathroom. She took her bag so I assumed she was on her period. I thought it was weird she didn't come back but I don't even think twice about it. Myla?" She starts slightly slapping my face. "Come on you need to answer me. Myla!"

"Myla, please wake up. Myla come find me." Stiles's voice booms in my head while Logan tries to talk to me. "Myla!" Tears pool in my eyes as my breathing picks up.

Tayden comes closer to me and grabs my hand. "Myla, we are here for you. Just please, let us help."

Stiles stops talking for a little bit and I shift my gaze to Logan. "I- I need to- to go." I stutter.

Logan glances at Tayden then back to me. "Go? Where? Where do you need to go?"

Without answering, I stand up and make my way to the door. The two rush after me, calling my name and telling me to stop. Stiles needs me, I need to be there. I start to run to the garage, the two that were in my room hot on my heels.

"Myla!" Tayden yells. "Myla stop." He got a grasp on my arm and he spun me towards him. I look at the ground while I put my hands on his arms for stability and because he wouldn't let go. "Myla, what is wrong with you? I've been worried sick for weeks now and the only reason I was able to get in your house is because Logan has a key." He looks down at my hands and notices my car key. "Where are you going? You're in no condition to drive."

"Myla, you're dying, you have to wake up." Stiles's voice comes to my head again.

I finally look up at Tayden, who's face was full of worry, and all he wanted to do was help me. "You have to let me go Tayden. I'm dying. And I'm going to go save myself. Just please, let me go."

Tayden looks me in the eyes and he thinks for a moment before easing his grip on me. I step back taking both of them in before I start my car and speed away. I start my way towards Beacon Hills, where my mother and brother live.

"Stiles? Are you there?" I say out loud, not even sure how he can talk to me

A moment passes and his voice rings out again. "Yes, yes I'm here."

"What do I do?" I ask him.

"Myla, I need you to go to the animal clinic. Can you do that?" He asks me with a scared tone in his voice.

I look at my GPS. "Yes, I'm a few minutes out."

As I enter Beacon Hills, I notice a light purple mist at the border. I drive through it and Beacon Hills changes. It's like I time traveled because this wasn't the Beacon Hills I vividly remember. It had different shops that were established next year, not this year. As I reach the animal clinic, I put my car in park and walk in. I look around, seeing an empty business.

Suddenly out of one of the doorways, Stiles in a purple mist along with another man, probably the owner. "Myla?"

"Stiles? You grew your hair out, I've been telling you to do that." I laugh, even though I was completely terrified.

"Stiles." The other man says. "Her stats are going down. We need to do this now."

Stiles looks back at me. "Okay Myla? You need to wake up now, and you have to do it now." He takes me to a room where there is other me, except I look like I'm sleeping. "Okay, lay down." I lay down, but oddly I don't lay on top of myself, but I go through myself. "Myla I need you to close your eyes, okay? And I want you to follow my voice. Follow my voice Myla."

As Stiles kept talking to me, I felt like I could fall asleep, my body getting more and more tired. Finally a darker darkness swallows me up, with the faint sound of Stiles's voice in my head.