017.

Advice for a friend

"When I grow up, I want to be just like you

"When I grow up, I want to be just like you." Gael said to the two Pevensie girls. Lucy looked at her through the mirror.
The younger girl smiled and walked to Gael.
"When you grow up," Lucy began. She sat next to the girl and put her arm over her shoulder. "You should be just like you."
"Only we are our best, Gael. You shouldn't wish to be someone when you are already on your way to greatness." Emma added.

Edmund and Caspian were putting on armored vests. There was an awkward silence that rang out around them.
"In case we don't get through, whatever this is," Caspian began. "I want you to know I think of you as my brother, Ed."
"Me, too." Edmund smiled. Caspian nodded and walked around to help Edmund with his vest.
"You have up your sword." Caspian noted.
"It wasn't mine to keep." Edmund explained.
"Use this." Caspian told him, holding out the gold lion hilt of a sword.
"But it's-" Edmund began.
"Peter would want you to have it." Caspian nodded. Edmund grasped the sheath and the two boys nodded to each other.

Eustace flew high above the ship. The fog was getting to much to see through.
"There is is, my friend." Reepicheep sighed. "Our battle awaits."
Eustace's eyes widened and he flew downward.
"Ah! Eustace! No! Halt!" Reepicheep yelled as the large dragon flew away. "Eustace, stop! Stop!" Reep pulled on the top of Eustace's ears. "Eu-" The mouse was cut off as he was almost thrown from the dragons head. Eustace just stayed in place as Reep climbed back up.
"I will not accept surrender." Reepicheep told him. The mouse just sat on his nose, looking the dragon in the eyes. "A noble warrior does not run from fear."
Eustace looked away from the mouse and huffed.
"Look at me! Look at me when I'm talking to you." Reepicheep said as he smacked the dragon. Eustace rolled his eyes and looked back at the creature.
"I am a mouse." Reepicheep began. "You, you're a dragon. You've got skin like chain mail. You breath fire." Reepicheep continued his rant as he climbed back into Eustace's head. "Come on, let's meet our destiny!"
Eustace huffed once more before diving back towards the ship.

"No matter what happens here," Caspian began. "Every soul who stands before me has earned their place on the crew of the Dawn Treader." The large crew stood on the deck while Caspian addressed them from atop the stairs. "Together we have traveled far. Together we have faced adversity. Together we can do it again. So now is not the time to fall to fears temptations. Be strong. Never give in." Edmund looked up at the king with a determined smile. "Our world-our Narnian lives- depend on it. Think of the lost souls we're here to save." Gael and her father shared a glance. A sad but determined one. Lucy hugged Gael for reassurance. "Think of Aslan. Think of Narnia." Caspian concluded.
"For Narnia!" Emma shouted. Caspian looked up from his feet and he had quickly tried to descend the stairs.
"For Narnia!" The crew yelled back. Lucy and Edmund even joined in.
Caspian stood there in shock at the determination of this crew. No matter what, he knew they would win.
Edmund sent Emma a glance and they both smiled wide.

The ship soon made it to the eerie darkness of the island. The whispering and green smoke moved all around them. They were eager for their new prey.