013.

An, odd turn of events

Caspian, Emma, Edmund, and Lucy walked back to the row boats in silence

"What food did you find?" Caspian wondered as they got closer to the crew.
There where baskets of corn and other things from around the island. Gaels father crouched down next to said baskets.
"It's volcanic, your majesty. Not much grows." He explained.
"Where's Eustace?" Lucy wondered as she looked around.
"I believe he's out, not helping us load the boats." Reepicheep seethed sarcastically.
"Oh god," Emma groaned. "Eustace!" She called.
"Eustace!" Lucy repeated.
"Eustace!" Emma said again, more harshly this time. The steam from a little ways away hissed back at her.
"Emma, I've got a bad feeling." Lucy said, facing her sister.
"Me too." Emma replied, placing her hand on her sisters shoulder.
"I'll got find him." Edmund rolled his eyes.
"I'll come with you." Caspian said calmly.
Edmund turned to look at him and stopped walking.

Emma prepared for an uproar after what happened in the cave

Emma prepared for an uproar after what happened in the cave. All he did was nod slightly.
Caspian walked forward, handing Lucy the sword they retrieved and letting his hand trail past the small of Emma's back.

The boys wandered up the way Eustace was just moments before, not that they knew that fact, however.
"Eustace!" Caspian called out.
"Eustace!" Edmund repeated.
The two of them came across the valley of gold and stopped.
"Treasure." Edmund sighed.
"Trouble." Caspian glanced at his friend.

A shoe was sizzling freshly near the gold.
Edmund kneeled down and picking it up. "Eustace." He gasped. He's recognize those ugly shoes anywhere.
The Pevensie boy looked around frantically, searching for any sign of his cousin.
There, a little steps away, was a pile of burnt, sizzling clothes.
"No." Edmund muttered. He kneeled down once more and dug through the clothes. He didn't believe Eustace was dead, but he needed to know.
While digging, he found the boys godawful journal and dusted it off. It's edges were burnt and charred.
"Oh, cousin." Edmund sighed. The steam hissed again.
"I'm sorry." Caspian managed to get out through his shock.
"He was just a boy." Edmund muttered again. "I never should have left him."
Caspian looked behind where he was kneeling, not paying much attention to his grieving friend.
"What could have happened to him?" Edmund continued on.
"In this place?" Caspian asked rhetorically, still looking back. "Anything."
The king stood, Edmund just watched.
"And he wasn't the first." Caspian said louder. Walking over, he gazed at the skeleton that was knocked down.
"It's Lord Octesian." He sighed. Caspian then began scanning the ground. "We should look for his-" The man began. He stopped short when he saw Edmund unsheathing a dusty sword.
"Sword." Caspian finished. The boys looked at each other awkwardly before they began walking back.