001.

THE PAINTING

A plane loudly flew over head

A line of men of all ages stood impatiently. Edmund Pevensie, at the front.
"Are you sure you're 18?" a man sitting in a chair behind a desk asked.
"Why? Do I look older?" Edmund asked with a smirk.
Edmund handed the man his passport, whom rudely snatched it.
"Alberta Scrubb?" the man asked. All the young or old men in line behind the Pevensie boy laughed.
"It's a typographical error." Edmund explained. "It's supposed to be Albert A. Scrubb."
Lucy and Emma Pevensie walk into the building, both holding boxes.
"Edmund, your supposed to be helping us with the groceries." Emma called to him. Ruining his lie.
The men in line chuckled again. The man sitting handed Edmund back the passport and Edmund turned away.
"Better luck next time, eh, Squirt?" The man behind him asked flicking his forehead.
The three Pevensie siblings leave the building and walk to a bicycle.
"Squirt?" Edmund repeated disgusted. "He barely had two years on me." Edmund took the box from Lucy's hands. "I'm a King." Edmund continued. "I've fought wars, and-and I've lead armies."
"Not in this world." Lucy chuckled.
"Yeah." Edmund sighed. "Instead, I'm stuck here doing battle with Eustace Clarence Scrubb."
Lucy and Emma heard a giggling and looked over. They saw a girl with a handsome soldier talking. The girl pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. Emma sighed. Anytime she saw a couple, she thought of Caspian, and what could have become. She missed him with all her heart and soul.
Lucy sighed too. And she tucked her hair behind her ear like the girl did just moments before.

 And she tucked her hair behind her ear like the girl did just moments before

"What are you doing?" Edmund asked confused at his younger sisters movements.
"Nothing." She shook her head.
Edmund still looked at her confused, not satisfied with Lucy's answer.