Chapter 13

A/N: Hey guys, sorry, I've been busy with my other book, Life of the Savior, please do go check it out. And for this story, right now Naruto and Sasuke are entering the hokage tower, Naruto has said her goodbyes to the Sand Village some time ago, so there'll be a time skip between this chapter and chapter 11.

Third POV

Naruko and Sasuke were just a few steps away from the top of the stairs. They were now heading to the Hokage's office.

Suddenly, Naruko felt a sense of dread, gloom, and despair permeate the air. She had never felt that before, and she wanted it to go away. She turned to Sasuke, and he held her hand in comfort. She smiled dryly, knowing that she was not going insane, and there was someone who knew and confirmed that thought.

Naruko opened the door. Tsunade sat at her desk, her hands in the same posture Sasuke's hands were when he was in the academy, but this posture did not prove to lighten the mood,as she was staring at Naru with intensity.  Shizune stood next to her hokage, face gaunt and circles under her eyes, she was also staring at Naru. There was also a toad, which Naru recognized as Lord Fukasaku from Mount Myoboku, or 'Toad Land' as Naru christened it, she had only looked at it once, never actually being there. He also was staring at Naru with intense eyes.

"Lady hokage, our mission report." Sasuke said formally, he knew that if he did or said something wrong everything would be ruined. The Uchiha walked over and set their mission report on the desk, and Tsunade nodded her head slightly in acknowledgement. But then she turned her attention back to Naru, who asked gently, "Baa-Chan, what's wrong?"

Lord Fukasaku permeated the silence, "You must be Jiraiya-Chan's student."

Naruko smiled dryly at the nickname Lord Fukasaku had given her teacher, "Yes sir, may I know who you are?"

Fukasaku smiled at the politeness, "Hello Naruko-Chan. I'm Lord Fukasaku from Mount Myoboku."

Naruko tilted her head and cutely asked, "Isn't that 'Toad Land'?"

"BWAHAHAHA!!! You have Jiraiya's humor. No wonder you 2 are so close." Fukasaku laughed.

Naruko smiled, then asked, "So, what's up? Pervy Sage should be back by now from his mission. You told me so earlier."

"A nice name you gave him. But," all happiness drained out of the room, "I have to break it to you." At this Naru froze, "Jiraiya-Chan, I fear, is gone."

(A/N: another great cliffhanger, I realize, but this chapter's too short, so you can enjoy some more!)

Naruto and Sasuke froze. It was secret, but Sasuke was trained quite a bit by Jiraiya. His Chidori had upgraded into the Chidori Nagashi and Chidori Eisou specifically because of Jiraiya, and the 2 were always overprotective of Naruko. They were close enough.

"H-He's what?" Naruko asked in the softest voice, her eyes welling up with tears. But those tears were somehow evaporated by the negativity swirling in the room.

"It's true. He's gone." Tsunade voiced, her voice held no emotion, completely contrary to her heart and mind, which were about to burst. But she held it together for  Naruko's sake.

Meanwhile, Naruko was so still Sasuke took her hand, before dropping it quickly due to it being colorless and cold. Both were still processing the fact that Jiraiya was dead.

Naruto's knees gave in, and she fell to to floor, unconscious. Sasuke caught her and quickly shunshinned to the Uchiha compound, banging on the door once, before passing out too. 

Itachi POV

A loud THWACK interrupted our lunch. I got up and went to see who was at the door, and as soon as I opened it, an unconscious Sasuke fell at my feet. I quickly picked him up before calling to Kaa-San urgently, "It's Sasuke, he's deathly cold, so is Naruko!"

Third POV

Itachi quickly carried Sasuke and Naruto into the house, and placed them on the mattresses Mikoto placed nearby. Fugaku brought blankets and covered the 2.

"What's wrong with them?" Fugaku grunted. Both long-haired Uchihas stared at him as if he'd grown a third eye, "You can speak more than 'Hn'???" Mikoto asked incredulously.

"Kaa-San, now is not the time for that." Itachi said before shaking the limp shoulders of Sasuke. Sasuke spluttered before awakening. "Why did I find you 2 at our door unconscious?" Itachi asked hurriedly.

Sasuke looked away, so they wouldn't see the tears on his face. He may not have been on Naruko's level of love for the late Sannin, but he was close. "Jiraiya." He whispered, and his family immediately understood, and lowered their heads.

Fugaku sighed, "Master and his 4th student are finally rejoined." He murmured.

"SENSEI!" Naru cried out as she suddenly woke up, startling the rest of the family. 

"Sasuke, is he-" Naru started, but said person cut her off.

"Yes." And Naru cried. She curled into a ball and cried silently.

"I'd better have a talk with your future husband, and make sure he doesn't hurt you."  This wish was fulfilled, Jiraiya threatened Sasuke so much Naru had to stop her teacher.

"I want to see that jutsu of yours."  This also was fulfilled, she showed her completed rasen-shuriken to him a few months ago.

"I want to see you become an S-rank Ninja. Not a Kunoichi, since some people see Kunoichi as weak. You are not weak." This wish was fulfilled a year back, she was listed as such in the bingo book.

"I want to die bravely on a mission." This really stupid wish was fulfilled. He died on his mission.

"I want to see your grandchildren, just see them once and unlock their Chakra before I die." But this one was unfulfilled.

Sasuke forgot all about his big-as-a-mountain pride and ego, and turned to hug Naru. His tears dried up, but there were still marks where they had rolled down. Itachi and Mikoto soon joined the hug, and after the 'Uchiha Glare' was inflicted on Fugaku by one Mikoto, he joined the hug.

//time-skip because I wanna get to the action part. Now Naruko will be learning Sage mode//

"I have just explained you what sage mode is. Let's try sensing Sage mode. I want to see if you can get it without any toad oil." Fukasaku said. Naruko nodded before sitting down and meditating.

Fukasaku gasped. He could feel the Nature energy flowing into her, as if she was a natural at it. Orange rings made their way around her eyes.

"I think I sense it, did I, Fukasaku-Sama?" Naruko asked.

"You think? YOU JUST ACQUIRED SAGE MODE!!!" The old toad yelled. "I did?" Naruko replied.

"You saved tons of time! Come now, we must train you in how to use sage mode." The old toad led her toward their training area.

"Now, we will spar, okay?"

"Yes sir!"

"START!"