a challenge

(Asher)

Ever since we have learned about the war, things around here have been quite tensed.

I've been recruiting other packs to join us and so far every Alpha I spoke to, said that they were on our side.

Now, I was on my way with Lucas, Kayden, Isaiah and couple of my warriors to find Alaric. A vampire king who is said to be able to walk the earth even during the day.

My parents had told me to be careful, so that's what I intended on doing. I left my gamma in charge until we get back, hopefully we will return alive and well with a vampire clan by our side.

After this mission, next on our lists would be the witches. We have been traveling for hours now and even if we were in our wolf form, we needed rest. As much as the gifts helps with one of them being the gift of speed, we can't overdo it. so we decided to stop for a rest.

"Wow this is beautiful." Isaiah said while staring out at the lake in front of us. Lucas agreed with him, but I could tell he wasn't agreeing to the lake been beautiful.

"Let's camp here for the rest of the day, then we can resume our journey at sunset." I said and they all agreed with me.

I sat down and pulled Kayden down beside me and wrapped my arms around him. His scent was calming me down and that's why I brought him on this mission with me.

"When we get back home I'm going to fuck you so hard everyone will be able to hear you screaming my name." I whispered in his ear and he started blushing.

"What the hell? Asher!" He chastised, but I could tell he enjoyed it when I talked dirty to him.

"Why don't we find a nearby place so I can show you a thing or two?" I asked but he shook his head and groan.

"Why don't you focus at the task ahead of us instead of being so perverted?" I chuckled a bit when he said that.

"It's been a while since I've been with you in that way, why aren't you as affected as I am?" He slapped my arm and glared at me.

"We had sex last night, what's wrong with you?" He asked incredulously and I shrugged my shoulders and sighed.

"That's still a long time for me anyways. You know I can't go a day without being inside you." He raised his eyebrows and groaned, getting frustrated with me talking about sex. but I didn't care, I wanted him to know exactly what I'm feeling.

"If you don't zip it then you'll be going months without sex." He warned and Hunter started howling, while cussing at me. I blocked him so I could focus more on my mate.

"You know that will never happen in a million years, I'll make sure of it." I could feel myself getting hard and I could tell the others around me were getting a bit uncomfortable, since they could smell my arousal. But I didn't care, if they want then they can go somewhere else.

"Asher for the love of the moon goddess stop. We need to focus on finding Alaric so we can get him on our side, if you don't stop I'll turn back and leave you here." I decided that it was high time I stopped talking because knowing Kayden, he would more than likely do so and I really wanted him by my side.

We fell asleep for a short while then woke up when the sun was going down, so now it was time to be on our way. We shifted into our wolf form and started our journey. We decided to hunt on the way there since we couldn't travel on a hungry stomach.
Later that evening, we finally made it on the path that would take us to Alaric's and I breathed a sigh of relief that we hadn't came up on any problems along the way.

'Not yet, I sense something will happen soon.' Hunter said and I agreed with him.

It's the calm before the storm type of feeling I was getting and even though we didn't know what was going to happen, we still needed to be on alert all the time.

We shifted back in our human form and thank the moon goddess for giving us this gift that when we shift we will be getting brand new clothes as well, so we didn't have to worry about being naked.

when we reached the gates of
'deathly crows' a clan belonging to that of Alaric, We entered and for some reason Hunter was a bit uneasy as we saw skulls after skulls lining up with crows flying over them.

The crows were flying in one place, not leaving that one spot. They looked like a sea with black water, which was freaky as heck.

"I don't like this place at all." Kayden said as he inches closer to me. I took his hand in mine as a way to reassure him that it was going to be ok. We were suddenly stopped by a weird looking man, who had glowing eyes that was staring straight at us.

"State your business here, or die." Oh simple as that. I would have laughed at any other time, but there was no laughing matter in this.

"My name is Asher Samuels, Alpha King of the Dark Moon Pack. I am here to have a word with Alaric about something important." I explained as the man continued to stare at us and I had to resist the urge to shiver from fear.

"Right this way." The man said and we started following him. We came upon a huge tent in the clearing and the man told us to wait a minute, until he gets back. He went inside the tent and left us there to deal with the creepiness of the place.

A Couple of minutes later, he came back outside and gestured for us to enter the tent, saying his master will see us now.

When we got inside, the man had his back turned to us and for a second I thought he didn't realize that we were there, but I was wrong.

"Tell me why you're here and you better tell me the truth or you'll die by my hands." He turned around and we gasps when we saw the face of the man standing in front of us, I sent a small prayer to the moon goddess because we were as good as dead.