my plan

picture of Lucas at the top

(Asher)

I should be mad at Lucas for the way he spoke to Kayden earlier, but I had other things on my mind. like how much I wanted to spoil him and make sure he's happy with me.

It was quite funny though, that at first I was the one thinking about rejecting my mate and now he's the one telling me that we aren't even together.

It hurts a lot when he says that, but I won't give up until he fully accepts me. I will fight for his love one way or the other as cringe as that sounds.

Kayden fell asleep earlier right after Lucas came for Isaiah and I could tell that he didn't like the way Lucas handled things.

I didn't even know that my best friend would turn out to be so overprotective of someone, it was quite funny when I think about it. I was sitting next to Kayden on my bed watching him as he snores softly. I ran my finger across his forehead trying to get rid of the crease that was marred there.

I smiled and kissed him on my his cheek, leaving my scent there for the world to know that he was mine. I wanted to mark him so badly, to know what it would be like to see my mark on his neck.

My wolf growled and I shook away the thoughts, because I didn't want to get too carried away and scare him off. 

'Hey ash you got a minute?' Lucas asked through mind link and I replied with a yes, even though I really didn't want to leave Kayden right now. 

'Ok good, meet me in your office, I need to talk to you about my mate.' He closed the mind link and I looked at Kayden one last time, before I walked out. I went straight to my office and opened the door only to find Lucas there pacing. 

"Continue doing that and I won't have a floor left to walk on." I joked, but it seems as if Lucas wasn't in the mood.

"Look I wanted to talk to you about something important. can you quit the bullshit right now?" He growled and I raised an eyebrow at him for being disrespectful. Sometimes he forgot that I was the alpha king of this pack, even though I was his best friend.

He allowed that title of being a beta to get to his head most of the times, and I didn't like it one bit. 

"Sorry." He said and I nodded my head and motioned for him to sit down on the couch so he could tell me what was bothering him. 

"I swear to you I don't know why my wolf is getting so attached to Isaiah. It's like the very idea of him getting close to even his best friend is not sitting well with him. I've been trying my best to control my wolf, but when he's around his mate he wants the world to know he's ours and no one else's." Lucas explained.

"I don't know what to do in order to get him to calm down a bit because goddess knows I've been trying. He's just extremely overprotective and possessive of Isaiah and even though I liked the idea, I don't want to hurt him. Please tell me what to do." I could tell this was really bothering him, but how do I help him when I felt the same way about Kayden? 

"Maybe you've come to the wrong person for advice because I'm in the same predicament as you. It's a lucky thing you're my beta and best friend because I would have torn your head off for coming to me and my mates room acting like that." He chuckled and nodded his head because he knew I wasn't joking. 

"But seriously, what the hell am I suppose to do? I finally found my mate and I'm acting like an asshole towards him." He sighed and shook his head. 

"Why don't you do what I'm planning on doing? I'm going to spoil Kayden so much that he'd have no choice but to be dependent on me. then and only then, he will realize that he can't live without me." Lucas looked as if he was thinking about it then he nodded his head. 

"You're right I could do that, that's why you're my best friend, you're wise, but not all the time." I laughed and he told me he was going to go and start spoiling Isaiah like I said.

I stayed back in my office for a while since I still had a lot of things to do. Shortly after there was a knock on the door and dad walked in with a smug look on his face.

"Isn't life beautiful?" He asked and I frowned because I was confused as to what he meant. 

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You finding your mate and guess what? it turned out that your mate is a boy after all! I'm glad I was right in the first place." I shook my head and glared at him. 

"Are you going to tell me the real reason you're here?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Three alphas from neighboring packs are coming to visit this weekend. They heard that the great alpha king has found his mate and they wanted to know if the rumors were true about your mate being a boy. They want to observe your work and see if you're qualified for that said title and also Lucas is on their list as well. Good thing your gamma Damien and Delta Shane all have women for their mates, or they would be in the same position as you and lucas." I didn't get why they wanted to come and observe my work and see how I handled things.

It's the first time I'm hearing of that, but if it is supposed to be this way then who am I to argue? It's now Tuesday and I have three more days to impress my mate and spoil him so that he wouldn't leave me. I hope I succeed because I don't plan on letting Kayden go, ever.