Chapter 5

Sect Leader Hou stammered, "S-Sect Leader Su, I don't mean anything by my words."

However, Su Baicheng stood up.

Seeing that Su Baicheng had already stood up, Sect Leader Hou's back was immediately filled with sweat. He got up, his chair clattering.

Su Baicheng could feel everyone's eyes. Fearful and scared. Scared of whom? Him. Because he was now a devil, a demon widely feared. It was only normal. This was how everyone came to look at him. But he didn't care. So long as his objective remained the same, so long as he still held onto this power, nothing could escape. Be it people or immortals, be it small or big, he was a man who sought vengeance. Death followed him closely, just like it had always been.

Wei XueLu remained, standing still even as Su Baicheng moved. However, his hand was rested onto the hilt of his sword, ready to take it out at any moment. But at this moment, he waited for orders.

"Sect Leader Su!"

"Wait!"

The many voices yelled at him.

What were they yelling for? Su Baicheng wasn't going to kill the man. Immortals were harder to kill than what people thought. He wasn't going to kill the man. It was merely a few words, but everyone was already so scared. In front of their eyes, only power existed. Yet in the face of someone stronger, they all cowered like a wild animal, only baring their fangs to animals weaker than them. Righteous cultivators. What a joke. In the end, everyone remained selfish. Everyone... even him.

"Ever since my climb to power, ever since I killed Su Fuwen, the power in my hands only grew. In the Jianghu world, I remain the strongest, the youngest yet. I'm a madman, blood has flowed down the path that I've walked. Sect Leader Hou, do you know what you've done wrong?" Su Baicheng's lips rose, his eyes holding a dark glare from within them. His footsteps were slow, echoing in the silent room. He held no sword in his hand, yet it was clear what his intent was. He didn't need a sword to kill Sect Leader Hou.

Sect Leader Hou backed away with Su Baicheng's steps. His face was pale, sweat popping on his forehead. His whole body was trembling as Su Baicheng focused his force on him, his cultivation weighing down heavily onto the man.

Sect Leader Hou was shaking so much, he was barely able to answer Su Baicheng. "A- Abandoning! I- I should never think about abandoning anyone! I owe it to them!" From his shaking voice, his words were almost unable to be decipher.

However, Su Baicheng's lips widened even more. With his glowing red eyes, he truly looked like he had gone mad. It was to the point that though everyone was afraid and wanted to stop him, no one dared to. Not to mention, they would also have to go against Wei XueLu.

"And?" Su Baicheng asked, looking down at the man who collapsed onto the ground from his weakened knees.

What a sight. Was this how Sect Leader Hou looked down to the humans who did not cultivate? Was he arrogant and ignorant? If so, Su Baicheng would just have to imprint it into his head that he still existed.

This was what his parents would have done. Perhaps not with his means, but in their own careful and gentle ways. They always cared about the mortals, the humans who did not cultivate. If they were still alive, perhaps this world wouldn't be so ugly.

Su Baicheng swept his eyes around the room. No one was willing to look at him. Everyone avoided his gaze, pretending that they didn't exist. In this room of more than twenty people, no one dared to look at him. In this room where some of the strongest individuals were gathered, everyone bowed to him. It was only normal with his history. He had massacred the previous leaders of Fushui Sect, the most powerful sect even back then. He could easily exterminate the other sects too.