Chapter 4

"Sect Leader Su."

Su Baicheng turned around. His red eyes were both sharp and dark. The other man couldn't help but stiffen under his eyes.

Su Baicheng lifted his lips into a smile that wasn't quite a smile. "Sect Leader Bu." He greeted the man as they both entered Tian Sect.

Every month, the major sect leaders gathered. For whichever matters, everything was laid out and spoken about. Sect Leader Bu, Bu Shifeng, was nearing 1,000 years. He was roughly the same age as Su Baicheng and was the sect leader of Nanhe Sect.

Bu Shifeng had an ordinary appearance. Without anything that stood out, his temperament replaced that, being both calm and serene. He had brown eyes and black hair, thin lips, and straight brows. Wearing a light green robe, his hair was tied back with a crown.

"Is Immortal Wei not here with you this time?" Bu Shifeng smiled gently, holding onto a horsetail whisk.

Su Baicheng seemed a bit aloof as he replied, "There were some other things he had to take care of."

Su Baicheng didn't speak much. After all, everyone was aware of how he became the current sect leader of Fushui Sect. However, in this world, only the strong survived. Having entered the top of the peak, no one dared to run their mouths around him. After all, with someone like Wei XueLu guarding him, it was enough to scare everyone.

Bu Shifeng smiled politely, not minding his tone. As they walked inside the gates of Tian Sect, a disciple came forward. "Sect Leader Su, Sect Leader Bu, please follow me." Dressed in a blue robe that represented the disciples of Tian Sect, the male disciple led both of them into the heart of Tian Sect, bypassing the forests and courtyards.

Taking a glimpse, Su Baicheng could see some disciples practicing their swords. In the courtyard, they sparred against one another. His eyes roamed, following after the disciple with a carefree expression that remained cold and chilling.

As they stepped closer, Su Baicheng could feel the presences. He had never had a good relationship with anyone, especially these Sect Leaders that had some dealings with Su Fuwen, the man who he had killed, the past Sect Leader.

"Please step in." The male disciple opened the door for them, standing outside as he closed the door after they entered.

"Sect Leader Su, Sect Leader Bu, welcome!" Welcoming them, the Sect Leader of Tian Sect, Zhuang Bufei, a man who looked rather youthful, greeted them. Like any cultivator, his appearance did not reflect his true age, already 2,000 years old. He was both enthusiastic and lively.

"Sect Leader Zhuang." Su Baicheng greeted back, his red eyes then sweeping past everyone who was already seated. Two other sect leaders of the major sects were here. Other than that, there were also some sect leaders from minor sects too. This time, everyone seemed to be here. Su Baicheng didn't wait as he took a seat, his figure walking straight towards an empty spot, sitting down on the chair.

As he sat down, a small table was prepared in front of him. With tea and wine, each sect leader had their own table, spaced out from one another.

Zhuang Bufei quickly greeted the other sect leaders who were arriving. Once everyone finally arrived, he took a seat upon the front and highest table. "As everyone knows, the Cleansing of Demonic Beasts is arriving soon. Once every five year, ten disciples from each sect enter the Forest of Death to hunt the demonic beasts. Whoever hunts the most beasts will be given a reward from the Tian Secr. This year, the Tian Sect has been able to get our hands on the Core of the Dragon." Zhuang Bufei took out a gold chest, opening it to revealing a shining sphere. As he picked up the sphere and showed it to the sect leaders, the sphere shone, displaying countless colors.