Chapter 1: Captured

I was having the time of my life, I had gotten to go jet skiing, kayaking, boating, and watched Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom(how am I for ironic?) in the movie theater. But now the weekend was over, and I had to head over to the beach house where me and my friends where staying. My friend Westley's parents owned the beach house, but they were out in town today, so me and my friends had painted the town red. We had a prank spree on all the neighbors, and were doing crazy stunts on the atvs on the beach. I walked right by the ice cream truck to get to the beach house, the truck seemed to be following me since the first day I had got here on my way to the beach. I thought it was a little strange, but a 16 year old girl worked on the truck, and she probably followed me around because she had a crush on me, after all, I was star player on the basketball team at my school, and girls fainted over me. Well, what could I do about my good looks. What I didn't hear while I was thinking was a radio screech coming from the ice cream truck. The man in the truck had talked into a handheld radio and said, "Team A, commence the pickup with fast acting TRAN125b, were ready for any problems we might encounter. Over and out. Boy, these kids should have never been born so athletic and smart, otherwise they would never get caught up in this X.A.S. and the stuff their doing. Oh well, good thing your homeschooled Stacy."

Ten minutes later I was at the front door of the beach house, getting ready to head inside when all of a sudden I heard someone running strait towards me. I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw it was a man dressed in black clothes. He looked like he was going to tackle me, but at the last second I dogged him when he thought I hadn't seen him. "Whoahh!" Crash, he ran right into the door. I decided to sound cool, so I told him in my most superhero voice, "Crime doesn't pay!"

Bu then he looked at something in the corner of his eye and then said, "It does if you have a partner."

All of a sudden a man in high tech looking clothes with a stick with a dart on the end ran toward me forcefully, saying evilly, "Who says this is crime if X.A.S. never is caught in the act of purely sci-fi sounding crime?"

I thought, what does he mean by that? And with that last comment from my mind, he stabbed me right in the back with the dart. I started feeling like I was in water, than it fell like I hit my head, and lastly, it felt like I was electrocuted. Then, I blacked out.

🦎a month later🦎

What I thought was a bad dream was confirmed when I woke up to the sound of barking, roaring, and human voices yelling over the noise. I opened my eyes, which felt like I had been swimming without goggles, which I never did except a few times in my life, and what I saw scared me. The extinct creatures that you read about in science text books, which were supposed to be extinct, were in cages, huge ones, small ones, but all in cages. And what was worse was the fact that I was caged too, who knew why, but I was. Then I saw it, a human group walking past the isle of cages I was in, but instead of being normal sized, they were all a bit short than me, and I knew I was in a cage on the ground, so they were all midgets! Now, one of my worst fears was being taller than everyone else in the world, because everyone would look at me with odd looks that people give when you see a white pig at the zoo. And it was happening right now, one of the humans walking right past me, which I just noticed was a scientist, looked at me like I was a dinosaur, but without the scared look. It was weird.

 Then it hit me. Why not try to see if I have super powers? It was stupid, but with dinosaur and woolly mammoths alive and in sight, why not super powers? I tried to see if I could vibrate really fast like the flash and go threw the wall, but I just hit my head. Then I tried super strength, which was the least coolest power to me, and then I saw it, I had long dinosaur-looking claws in front of me where my hands should be, and then I noticed that I had reptile three toed feet in place were my feet would be.

"What is going on!?" I said out loud, but all that came out was a high pitched screech that sounded like a mix between a cat's ferocious meow and a screaming toddler. "Its all just a bad dream, a bad dream. This isn't real, its just a dream! Ill run into the cage wall, and ill wake up!" 

I than ran with all my might head first into the cage door, which was made out of thick metal bars three inches thick. I collided with the cage bars, but instead of waking up, I got a headache, and a real bad one too.

When I thought I just might slip into unconscious, this weird voice in my "What an idiot, must be one of the athletic ones. And a type of raptor too. There supposed to be "smart" dinosaurs."

And with that bouncing around in my head I slipped into unconscious.

🦎Uselizard🦎

How do you like the first chapter? Tell me what you think in the comments. This is slightly a fan fiction of the novel by CrystalSchere Wings of Change, but more just the general idea, because the human and alien and animal relationship is different, and the dragonets don't appear in this.