//Chapter 10//

**DON'T MISS THE AUTHOR'S NOTE. IT HAS SOMETHING IMPORTANT IN IT TO TELL. ENJOYYY!!!**

Complete silence loomed around the room like a thick blanket. And it was suffocating, not like always. Aniruddha and Bondita were sitting on the floor by the foot of the bed. Aniruddha was sitting with his legs splayed out and Bondita with her knees tucked under her chin, playing with her bangles, making a chiming sound alongside the ever prominent tick-tick of the clock.
There was a lot to share, speak, ask but the words weren't enough this time. Eyes did all the talking but still the hearts weren't satisfied, maybe there relation was being extremely vulnerable, communication being the key

Aniruddha cleared his throat, stopping Bondita from playing and sitting with an upright position. Maybe finally it was the time to come out of this blanket?

"Bondita tum theek ho?" Aniruddha asked her tilting his head, eyeing her and seeing that prominent look of accusation, immediately rushed and said "nhi mera matlab ye nhi tha!"
Aniruddha took a deep sigh and composed himself. "Dekho Bondita mujhe pata hai aaj jo bhi hua vo sab nhi hona chahiye tha. Balki sirf aaj nhi, 2-3 dino se jo bhi ho rha hai vo sab nhi hona chahiye tha, par ab jo ho gya use bhula kar hum kya ek nayi shuruat nhi kar sakte? Shayad ek dusre ko fir se janne ka, samajhne ka? Ek naya rishta banane ka?"

"Aur is rishte ka kya? Ye rishta hai bhi ke nhi? Itne saalo ke sath ko aise hi chod du to kis vajah se?" Bondita spat sternly. Her eyes stung as she was trying super hard not to let her tears down, to not let her guards down. But when has life been according to one's will? Her tears betrayed her and it glistened her cheeks, flowing till her neck, disappearing in her red blouse, leaving behind a dark wet spot. 

Bondita haphazardly rubbed her cheeks with the back of her palm, more tears making way.
"Barrister Babu ye baat aapko bhi pata hai aur mujhe bhi ki hamare man me kai sawaal aur kai baatein hai aur ye hamara haq hai ki hum un sab ka jawaab jaane. Mai aapse hath jodkar vinti kar rhi hu ki kripya kar ke ye jo doori hamare beech ayi hai isko aur mat badhaiye. Har baar to aap mujhse baat karte the to is baar kyu nhi?" She said with a cracked voice with her hands joined together. Her whole life seemed to be a facade right now. All she just wanted was to get some assurance that all this wasn't a lie. Her life wasn't a lie. 

"Hamara rishta tootne ke kagaar pe hai." She whispered and turned around, wiping her tears off. All this was super overwhelming and she was on the verge to lose. 

Aniruddha stiffened seeing Bondita this emotionally exposed. She joining hands in front of him was like a dagger at his heart. He instinctively moved towards her, capturing her balled up wife in his long arms giving each other a required warmth and peace they both have been searching for. This skin touch they have been craving for. 

Bondita turned in his arms, holding his shirt's collar in her fists, her face hiding at the juncture of his neck and shoulder. She started sobbing really hard, Aniruddha tightening his hold around her, with him sniffing in between. 

This was what they needed. A wailing session together. Their tears mixing into each other, both tasting the salty taste. Both seeing each other's broken side. Both understanding how this distance and miscommunication was affecting both of them equally. Nothing less, nothing more. 

After what seemed like eternity, Bondita sobered down a little. She delicately rubbed her nose in his shirt, cleaning up the sticky mess. This weird behavior of hers, grimaced Aniruddha yet he couldn't stop the corner of his lips to twitch a little. This small act filled his heart with an unknown satisfaction, a little bubble of hope, that maybe everything can be alright because she was still his messy and cute Bondita who kept relations before everything. They surely needed a closure because he can't be himself without her.