//Chapter 1//

All the hullabaloo about admission procedure died down within 2-3 days because of course who doesn't know the Roy Chaudharys'. That is what it means belonging to a big and a known family. Few privileges are served on a golden platter and it will still make an appearance even if one tries to disregard.

However, the family which had no control over their happiness a week back, started getting sober, as the reality started syncing in. No! It wasn't that they were sad about Bondita joining college but they were sad about the fact that she needed to move out. Settle in the city and call that her home for next 5 years. And no one was ready to lose onto this bundle of joy that too for such a long time span. It was asking for too much. 

"Meri pyari bacchi vahan akele kaise rahegi? Nhi Nhi hamesha darr ke sath jeene se to accha hai ki ye yahi rahe. Koi college-vollege jane ki zarurat nhi hai. Arre samaaj me apna naam banana hai na, to mai ise apne sath lekar jaunga roz kaam par. Zamindaar hai bhai hum. Koi mamuli baat nhi hai vo." These were the exact words that left Binoy's mouth and the same was supported by Trilochan. Henceforth, the Roy Chaudhary Haveli once again encountered the Tulsipur famous outburst of Aniruddha. How can anyone tamper with their dream? That was definitely a NO. After a lot of yelling, convincing and pleading, it was decided that Aniruddha will shift with Bondita to Calcutta. But this again came with few conditions and since then a roll down has been noted. The whole haveli is silent. No one's talking. No one's  eating. 

Tomorrow Bondita needs to leave. She needs to say bye to her family till her next visit. She was already overwhelmed with the fact and the cherry on the cake was that no one was in talking terms. She never wanted to leave on a sad note and she being the bahu or as her KSJ said kushal grehlakshmi, she took the responsibility on her shoulders to mend the relation.  

"Aise kaise kar sakta hai Aniruddha? Bilkul galat hai ye. Paap lagega paap. Kuch samajhta hi nhi hai ye ladka. Iska ye fitoor, dubo dega isko kisi din. Samaaj me badlav laana aur kuch prathao ke viruddh jane me farak hota hai. Prathae kuch soch samajh ke hi hoti hai na. Har cheez ko bas galat siddh karna hai ise. Ye bohot galat ho rha hai Binoy, bohot galat. Samjhao us ladke ko kuch." KSJ ranted. He was boiling with anger and frustration. The conditions put forth by Aniruddha were not acceptable. Not at all.

"Da, mai kya hi samjhau? Mai to hamesha se kehte aa rha hu pagal ho chuka hai ye ladka. Sunta hi kaha hai kisi ki?" Binoy replied with worry in his eyes. He remembers in which condition Bondita and Aniruddha's marriage took place. He still shivers with guilt and fear when he thinks about that little Bondita. She was 10 then. How could he even plot against her siding with Saudamini? How could he not accept that doll as his bahu? How could he snatch her rights as a wife? All this has left a permanent mark in his life and here Aniruddha was asking to repeat the same! No he can not do that. He can not snatch the right of a married woman from his bahu even if it meant just for five years. 

"Sasur Ji? Kaka Sasur Ji? Kyu gussa kar rhe hai aap Barrister Babu par? Aise gusse se vida karenge apne bahu aur bete ko? Itna bhi kya galat keh diya unhone?" Bondita questioned entering Trilochan's room. She heard the conversation and she understood the emotional turmoil inside them. She was a kid then. She is no more one. She is 18 and can take her own decisions but that does not mean she will not respect her family's sentiments. She still recalls her mother's sayings and one of them which has always stayed with her is "apno ki baaton se asehmat hona galat nhi, aur unka anaadar karna sahi nhi"

"Kya galat keh diya? Ye tum keh rahi ho? Tumhare muh se roz Barrister Babu sunta hu to dil me ek chubhan si hoti hai. Maine tumse Aniruddha ko pati kehne ka haq cheen liya. Aur ab uske naam ka sindur aur tumhare naam me Aniruddha ka naam lagane ka adhikar kaise cheen sakta hu mai? Samaaj kya kahega? Arre samaaj chodo, humara parivaar kya kahega?" Binoy spoke with tears in his eyes. This was just too bitter a memory to relive. He curses himself and that day with his whole heart. The day when because of Saudamini's persistence, he convinced Aniruddha to ask Bondita to stop calling him Pati Babu. And its been 8 years and not a single day this girl has called her husband rightfully. In spite of Saudamini's exposure of her vicious plan, in spite of knowing Aniruddha belonged to her, she never dared to call him Pati Babu because Aniruddha never asked her to. They just fit into that calling format and no one questioned that. And that guilt has been killing him since then. The least he could do is not agree to the removal of his son's name and sindoor  from her maang