//Chapter 2//

Bidding adieu wasn't as easy as it felt. Bondita thought the excitement to get started with college, learning new things, making new friends, stepping into adulthood, will not let her think much about her home. But everything that she felt was contrary to her thoughts.She could just feel pain in her heart and tears did not stop. Every time she closed her eyes, she could only see KSJ and SJ crying and nagging her, just like her mother used to. They made sure they packed her favorites for the journey. They got 8 handi's of ek badam roshogulle from Calcutta, just for them to travel back with her, so that if she feels hungry, she can hog onto them. The men in her life were cute. Just plain cute. She chuckled thinking the same. 

It's been 10 years since Aniruddha left his place. When he returned from London, he never thought there would be a day in his life when he'll leave his haveli, his home, that too without any qualms but with a sense of pride and accomplishment in his heart. His Bondita managed to secure a place in Calcutta's best law college, St. Alison Law School. What else could he dream of? He just wanted to replace that photo in his study with little Bondita in barrister's uniform, with the grown up Bondita with the real uniform and an equal level of understanding and its importance. He can't wait to see her in that black coat and tell each and everyone out there ladki chahe to kuch bhi kar sakti hai. Bohot hua purush raaj. Ab nyay karegi aurat, sabak bhi sikhaegi aur zaroorat padne par dand bhi degi aurat. However his day dreaming came to a halt with her chuckle. Finally a smile on her face. She has been crying since they left and this positive change in her demeanor was a relief. He hated seeing her tears. 

"Chalo akhirkaar tumhare chehre pe hasi dekhne ko mili. Itne der se sirf roye hi ja rhi thi. Mujhe to laga saari ganga aaj tumhare aakhon se hi beh jayegi." Aniruddha teased with his ever charming smile. He loved being playful with her. 

"Accha! Aapko dekhkar to bilkul aisa nhi lag rha tha ki aapko fark bhi padh rha hai ki mai rou ya hasu. Aap to pta nhi konsi khayali pulao banane me vyasth the." Bondita replied in a kiddish tone. She knew he was teasing her and what better than to get back at him with the same 10 years old Bondita. She enjoyed playing the trump card. He never stood a chance in front of that. 

Waiting for a witty reply her way, all she got was silence with wind swiftly blowing on her face. She can't deny, he drives amazingly. Not once has she felt uneasy unlike the one time Jamai Babu drove when she was coming back with Sampoorna didi or Sampoorna Maa or just Sampoorna, she thought with disgustThat was one scary ride. But coming back to present scenario, silence didn't go well with her and she finally turned to look at her husband. And there he was with that smirk on his face and his hair flowing in the air. And he looked handsome in that indigo kurta and white dhoti. She loved seeing him in dhoti instead of his shirt and pant. He looked more of a man in this. The kind of man she would prefer. She blushed profusely because of her thoughts. What was she even thinking? She should stop reading romantic novels. They just create an illusion around. However, she failed to notice that for the very first time she linked Aniruddha and romance in one sentence. 

Giving a side glance, Aniruddha found Bondita blushing and trying to look everywhere except him. And he smiled more widely with a male pride rising within because he knew the reason for that sudden pink on her face. 

Aadmi na hi kuch dekhte hai aur na hi kuch samajhte hai. He has been exposed to this sentence since childhood. His maa used to complain in the same manner, whenever baba failed to realize something. He still remembers how maa got very upset when baba failed to notice gulab in her hair. The same gulab he gave as a surprise. And how later baba hurried to bring mogre ka gajra . Tumhare chehre pe gussa nhi suhata, Chandralekha. He called her that whenever she used to get angry. Their kind of pyaarBaba wasn't romantic but he loved maa dearly. He smiled. But he wasn't such an idiot. He knew his wife likes seeing him in dhoti kurta and indigo is her favorite color. And hence, he made sure he keeps her mood in check on such a day by doing something of her choice and he was glad that she finally registered the same. But did she realize it wasn't a mere coincidence but an intention?