//33//

//Luke//

"Oh my god," Ashton blurted, standing up as we heard the metal door come unlatched, Ashton sliding it back in surprise, "well... come on then! There has to be a way out of this place some how."

"What?" I said, my heart racing as Ashton grabbed my hand.

"C'mon, I'll protect you," he mumbled, pulling me out of the cell and into the corridor where a lot of criminal psychos wandering around, some looking confused, some just standing there and there was one who had somehow gotten hold of some sort of weapon and was threatening someone with it.

"Shit, no, Ashton wait-" I started but he'd already pulled me away to the left, the opposite direction we usually went for lunch or anything like that. Ashton's grip on my hand tightened as we began to run down the dark corridor of empty cells, passing one girl who was hitting her head on a wall and someone else who was sitting down crying. The corridor seemed endless as we ran and ran, the light getting more and more sparse, the corridor getting smaller and smaller.

Then we reached a door.

"This isn't the exit," I panted.

"No, but it's something," Ashton said, looking at the door with chains on it. He studied the lock for a moment, twisting in a passcode, listening as each number went past.

"Ashton, I think-"

"Shush, almost there," Ashton twisted the last number and the lock undid itself, the curly haired boy pulling the chains away and opening the door.

"Where did you learn that?" I asked shakily, peeking into the dark room.

"It doesn't matter, come on," Ashton said, grabbing my hand again and going in front of me, walking into the mysterious room.

"Documents?" I asked as I noticed all the paper hidden away in the room, a few jars placed on them to weight them down.

"Yeah..." Ashton said with a frown, dropping my hand and studying one of the papers. I did the same, picking up a document with shaking hands, nervousness and fear taking over my body, "this says Rebecca Wall was trying to commit suicide when she crashed her car..." Ashton trailed off as he read another one but all I could focus on was the file in my hand.

Ashton's file.

--

a/n ok don't hate me please bc cliffhanger
~Teddy