//18//

//Luke//

"Please wake up, please wake up," I sobbed, crying into Ashton's limp body, "Ashton, if you can hear me, please wake up." I sobbed, my breaths ragged as I cried.

"L-Luke?" Ashton groaned, his voice deep and gravelly, "what happened?" he mumbled, sitting up and rubbing his head, grabbing my arm to steady himself.

"You- you- you just passed out," I mumbled, not wanting to bring back whatever memories he had of his... break down...

"Oh," Ashton frowned, "wait are you okay? You were crying earlier, I mean-"

"Yeah, Ash, I'm fine," I smiled weakly at him.

"Happy birthday, Blondie," Ashton mumbled sleepily, resting his head in my lap and letting me play with his hair.

"Mhm," I hummed with a sad sigh.

"Hey, baby it's gonna be okay," Ashton said, sitting upright again, "listen to me, sweetheart, this isn't exactly paradise but we can make our own little heaven in this hell, y-you have me, mm?"

"Okay," I whispered, "thank you Ash."

"I like when you call me Ash," Ashton smiled lopsidedly and my heart fluttered.

"I like when you call me baby and sweetheart, it makes me feel fuzzy," I giggled.

"Lunch is soon," Ashton sighed, "fuck, I wish I could do something to make you feel happy, anything."

"Anything?" I smirked and Ashton giggled, gently shoving my arm.

"I mean, it is your birthday..." Ashton breathed sexily, kissing my neck sloppily.

"Lunch!" the guard shouted and I groaned with an annoyed sigh, Ashton and I standing up shortly after as the metal door slid back and we were yet again chained together.

--

"Happy birthday to Blondie, happy birthday to you," Ashton and Karina sung, Karina saying my actual name and Ashton changing it to his nickname for me as I giggled.

"Thanks guys," I chuckled as Ashton grabbed my hand underneath the table, lacing our fingers together and rubbing my hand with his thumb.

"Ooh! It's skinny's birthday," someone shouted from nearby with a laugh and I winced.

"Ashton don't you dare." I said sternly, squeezing his hand, "my birthday present can be you not punching someone."

"Fuck off Jack," Ashton said, pulling me closer to him.

"Oh but I wanted to which Skinny a happy birthday," Jack, as I'd learnt his name was, taunted, "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Skinny kid, happy birthday to you." Jack sung in a sinister voice and I tried to keep my breathing level.

"I said, fuck off," Ashton said through gritted teeth, standing up and raising his fist.

"Ashton no!" Karina and I shouted simultaneously but it was too late, Ashton punched Jack right on the jaw, a horrifying crack sound filling the canteen.

"Shit, Ashton what did you do?" I panicked as the guards ran over to us and chained Ashton's hands behind his back, "oh god."

"I'm so sorry," Ashton mumbled before he was dragged away kicking and screaming to God knows where.

"What's going to happen to him? Karina? What- what-" I asked incessantly, my hands shaking as I tried not to panic.

"He's... Luke, he's going to be punished," Karina mumbled, "they'll probably whip him."

"Oh god no," I muttered, "please no." I cried, the thought of anyone hurting my Ashton making me feel sick.

"There is nothing you can do, Luke, the best thing to do is let it happen without a fuss and he won't get hurt too bad," Karina sighed, pulling me down into my seat.

"It's my fault! He sh- he- he did it to protect me I'm the cause for this! Oh fuck I feel sick," I muttered, burying my head into my hands, "I want to do something, there has to be something we can do?" I asked desperately but Karina shook her head sadly.

"You just have to wait."

--

a/n Ashton nO :(
~Teddy