Part 1

Okay, here is my attempt at Academy fanfic. You ladies have even more of my respect now that I've sat down to actually put a story together. I know it's not very good, but this is my way of saying thank you to you all for your wonderful stories.

Sang's POV

The party was loud and smelled of sweaty bodies, with an occasional whiff of lit match.

Earlier today I thought I could do this easily, no problem. When Mr. Blackbourne explained the outline of the mission it seemed so simple. Go to the party I had been invited to by Rocky with North and Silas, locate Victor on the upper level of the football coach's house, obtain a flash drive from him, and get out. See? Easy peasy. I wish now that I had taken into account the fact that the only viable exit out included practically swimming through partying teenage arms swinging to the beat that was currently rattling the speakers apart. In front of me Silas nudged forward into the crowd only to be pushed back twice, then got shoved back violently into me the half-step we had managed to gain. The clenched grip I had on the back of his shirt so we wouldn't lose each other in the throng was probably pulling his shirt too tightly into his neck, but I couldn't get myself to ease off my hold. Another arm hit me in the face and a strong perfume permeated my nose. Ugh, whatever it was, it smelled somewhat like cat litter. I wrinkled my nose and flinched as the arm made a second round, it's owner obviously oblivious to anyone else. A large, tanned hand grabbed the wrist just before it made contact with my face again and held it aloft, only holding it long enough to shove it back towards it's owner. North's pleasant musk replaced the cat litter odor as his other arm slipped around my waist and then pressed me closer to Silas, in a way protecting me on both sides from further arm beatings. I glanced back and smiled apologetically, then refocused back on Silas, who was attempting to be heard over the music.

“Let us THROUGH you jerkasses!”

I sucked in a breath, holding it as I waited for the fight I was sure was coming. I peeked around Silas' tense shoulders despite the restrictive tightening of North's arm and saw the offending group barring our way. The only one I recognized among the dozen or so guys that were clustered in front of us was Jay. His serious gray eyes met mine and then flicked back and forth between my two protectors for a few beats before returning to mine again. His lips tightened into a thin line and he nodded almost imperceptibly before he moved himself and the two guys next to him, pressing back against the dancing bodies behind them to make some room. Silas nodded his head in silent thanks and moved to bulldoze through the small gap Jay had created for us. I nodded his way also as I was pulled and pushed along, thankful he hadn't taken offense to Silas' outburst. He nodded back, looking satisfied about my acknowledgment, and then narrowed his eyes on North's arm encircling my waist before we moved away from his judging eyes into the dancing crowd.

Thankfully, the crowd seemed to be more dispersed the further we got towards the exit. Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Sean would be waiting outside to collect us and Victor's flash drive, and then drive us to Dr. Green's condo where I was spending the night. I was looking forward to an evening with him and Mr. Blackbourne, who had promised me a short violin lesson before we retired for the night. I smiled to myself as I thought of the upcoming tutoring and released my death hold on Silas' shirt, moving beside him now that we weren't so tightly packed by perspiring bodies. North made his way to my other side and we collectively released a sigh. The mission was almost over and we could go home and relax for the evening. I smiled at North and then Silas and squeezed both of their biceps gently, giving them a small thank you for getting me through the crowd safely. They both smirked and then put their focus on the door we were making our way to. I perked up at this and met their quickening stride with my own shorter step when I noticed something. It was just a whiff really, almost undetectable among the other odors overpowering the room. I whirled away from the guys and darted my eyes over the dancers within sight, then closed them and breathed deeply through my nose. I caught the scent again, it was unmistakable.

HE was here.

More to come tomorrow if you guys like it.

Hugs!